is windows phone dead

MrockNroll

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Bummer, really sorry to hear about no camscaner support going forward. Fatclue98 we really appreciate you here and you are one of WP biggest supporters here. Hope you stick around and good luck finding a new/different phone that supports camscanner. AL

Dwarf_King

Nov 10, 2016
Visit site
as dead as one would expect it to be after the creator dealt it the death blow without even blinking. And so is the trust in MS being able to deliver a mobile solution and being fully committed to support it.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Bummer, really sorry to hear about no camscaner support going forward. Fatclue98 we really appreciate you here and you are one of WP biggest supporters here. Hope you stick around and good luck finding a new/different phone that supports camscanner. AL

Thanks, I appreciate that. It’s been tough finding a solution since Office Lens is the only working app right now and it’s soooo limited. Besides the scanning app there are other features in Windows that simply don’t exist on iOS or Android. For example, only Windows does voice-to-text with all the proper capitalization AND punctuation. When I dictate an email on Windows I can compose without having to stop and edit sentence by sentence.

It’s these little things we take for granted that iOS or Android users don’t realize they’re missing.

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Hey Rugish,

Hope all's well. It took some convincing, but I made the switch. I'm expecting my Essential phone this coming weekend. I'm excited, anxious, but also a bit nervous about the transition. I'm now looking for a back cover case, and a screen protector. Not a lot options, or at least not what I've found so far.

I'm looking for a slim matte back cover, and a simple case. Here are a few that I'm considering:

Phone Case: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FQH4VZ...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3769548

Screen Protector: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07558DWW...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3769548

Phone Pouch: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073VY9CG...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU3769548

What did you end up choosing? Thanks again for turning me on to the Essential Phone. I appreciate it. Hope you have a great weekend!

I ended up getting the grey Feitenn flip case for my Essential PH-1. My wife got the same case in red.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Just got an email from Microsoft earlier today with an invitation to a wake for an old friend. It's scheduled for May 31st and the decedent's name is Microsoft Health. Unable to contain its grief, the Microsoft Band will probably jump in the grave to join Health. So long old friend, I will miss you.

Adventurer64

Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
Just got an email from Microsoft earlier today with an invitation to a wake for an old friend. It's scheduled for May 31st and the decedent's name is Microsoft Health. Unable to contain its grief, the Microsoft Band will probably jump in the grave to join Health. So long old friend, I will miss you.

I noticed that as well. My 3rd Band 2 died several weeks ago and I've been using my Vivoactiv 3 music as a replacement. No more notifications since I'm still using a 950xl as my daily driver. No biggy, since the notifications on my phone work well enough. However, the Garmin buzzer is weak and doesn't wake me up like the Band 2 did. Oh well, life goes on. Otherwise, the Garmin is better overall.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I fired up the Acer Primo last night and updated to the February 2019 version and I couldn't help but wonder why? Is there really a point to this other than some Enterprise users still out there? It's ironic that this dead man walking is still getting monthlies while newer phones are stuck in purgatory.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3