90% iPhone 10 Max and 20% LG7 ThinQ' Use the LG for the camera and the iPhone as daily needs.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-24-2019 02:37 PM
    A WP user since I got my hands on the super L920. Had several Lumias since, up to the 950XL, it still works fine.
    However I just started using a Nokia 8.1 this month. Its bearable, haha!! Got most of the MSFT apps I had frequently used on the 950XL installed. It was actually a ride-hailing app (Grab, which wasnt available on WP) that pushed me into Android much earlier than I thought I would.
    Still dislike the rows and rows of icons. Tried some launchers that mimic WP but its not quite the same. I'm on Niagara now, and made it as simple I could get it to be (almost minimal notification!!!)
    Installed Gcam and the camera has been more than capable....
    MSFTisMIA likes this.
    05-24-2019 07:50 PM
    A WP user since I got my hands on the super L920. Had several Lumias since, up to the 950XL, it still works fine.
    However I just started using a Nokia 8.1 this month. Its bearable, haha!! Got most of the MSFT apps I had frequently used on the 950XL installed. It was actually a ride-hailing app (Grab, which wasnt available on WP) that pushed me into Android much earlier than I thought I would.
    Still dislike the rows and rows of icons. Tried some launchers that mimic WP but its not quite the same. I'm on Niagara now, and made it as simple I could get it to be (almost minimal notification!!!)
    Installed Gcam and the camera has been more than capable....
    Was just about to suggest Niagara. Pity Nokia killed the Z launcher, which was Niagara before Niagara.
    raycpl likes this.
    05-24-2019 09:18 PM
    Been platform agnostic for eons, so even when WP was my daily driver I was a dual user with Android.

I use a V35 as the daily with the newly deemed Google blacksheep OEM Huawei Mate 20 Pro as the weekend phone. Got a 950 XL I like to boot up periodically to curse at MSFT over. Still say that WP8.0 was the best looking bit of the WP Era. WP8.1 was good too but it start to feel too, like everyone else for me.
    05-24-2019 09:22 PM
    950xl
    05-24-2019 10:18 PM
    I use a Nokia 8.1 each day. I actually bought it with Bitcoin so it didn't cost very much because the Bitcoin had jumped up in value. I still like Nokia (HMD global) because it's an Android One handset with no bloatware. I have Microsoft Launcher, Edge browser and Cortana configured. My "faith" in Microsoft is still higher than their delivery in mobile.

Camera is OK. I have real camera with me most of the time anyway. I am toying with a second hand iphone next time because I refuse to pay new prices.
    raycpl and G4Grandad like this.
    05-26-2019 08:13 AM
    Currently using Microsoft Lumia 950 XL as my daily driver despite problems with the cracked LCD, battery and the camera zoom motor.

Next on my wishlist is the legendary Nokia Lumia 1020 as my photography gear and the Motorola Moto Z2 Play, purely for entertainment purpose.
    raycpl likes this.
    05-27-2019 01:31 AM
    android essential is my present phone after leaving lumia 950 behind. I loved lumia, but I hated short battery span so much that I switched. it does not mean that I am happy now. all those things which I was complaining about Windows haunt me here: poorly designed, functionality replicating apps is the worst. what's the point of having 1 million apps if only handful of them are really doing what they are supposed to do? need for restarting the phone is still here. camera is so so. I can not use visual mail at all and I am not able to remove unwanted start menu apps. what I love, it is the same size factor as lumia 950, amazing feel in my hand and I can use it in any country of the World - in case I needed it. Battery is great too!
    However, I miss windows and still now, almost one year later, I swap sim card and use lumia. so much simpler, prettier, browsing internet much easier.
    I do not understand why Microsoft gave up on phones and so many other toys. there are millions of us who use that system and would support it.
    05-31-2019 11:55 AM
    My daily drivers these days are the P20 & Pro with their cameras keeping me very satisfied.
    Last edited by Laura Knotek; 06-03-2019 at 01:52 AM. Reason: Quote of banned spammer deleted by mod
    Guytronic likes this.
    06-02-2019 11:15 AM
    IN OTHER NEWS....

IOS13 will have a swipe keyboard!!!!!!!

really?
    06-06-2019 01:59 PM
    iphone X
    11-08-2019 08:36 AM
    Lumia 650
    aximtreo likes this.
    11-09-2019 02:58 PM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 9 512 GB
    aximtreo and Elky64 like this.
    11-15-2019 05:16 PM
    Samsung Galaxy S10+, 128 GB, blue.
    Elky64 likes this.
    11-16-2019 12:35 AM
    iPhone 10 XS Max Silver 256 GB

LG V40
    Laura Knotek and Elky64 like this.
    11-16-2019 07:22 AM
    LG V40, Huawei Mate 20 Pro.
    11-16-2019 08:08 AM
    Sony XZ3
    11-16-2019 11:03 AM
    Samsung Galaxy A70 which is superb, iPhone 6s which "just works", Galaxy Note 4 with a cracked screen but I won't part with it. And an unreliable, constantly rebooting, obsolete and unsupported Lumia 830. But I forgive all it's faults when it does work
    Laura Knotek, Elky64 and aximtreo like this.
    11-16-2019 11:32 AM
    Samsung Galaxy A70 which is superb, iPhone 6s which "just works", Galaxy Note 4 with a cracked screen but I won't part with it. And an unreliable, constantly rebooting, obsolete and unsupported Lumia 830. But I forgive all it's faults when it does work
    How you finding the camera(s) and battery life on the A70? Checks off most of my boxes, big battery, flat display, expandable storage, inexpensive (in the grand scheme of things), blah blah blah. Moved away from Samsung after the GS7 & Edge but w/A70's launch considered returning. Realistically don't need a new device for a while yet but the urge for something new has been egging me on LOL.
    11-16-2019 02:32 PM
    Lumia 950 XL lol, battery life is kindy meh though and its a bit buggy but the camera still amazes me from time to time and the big 16:9 screen is nice (bigger keyboard <3 ).

How you finding the camera(s) and battery life on the A70? Checks off most of my boxes, big battery, flat display, expandable storage, inexpensive (in the grand scheme of things), blah blah blah. Moved away from Samsung after the GS7 & Edge but w/A70's launch considered returning. Realistically don't need a new device for a while yet but the urge for something new has been egging me on LOL.
    , the A70 looks like a great phone. My friend has the A50 and everything besides rear camera details is good (especially display and battery life iirc, speakers I don't know), the A70 has a better camera so should be up your alley.
    11-16-2019 06:25 PM
    Lumia 950 XL lol, battery life is kindy meh though and its a bit buggy but the camera still amazes me from time to time and the big 16:9 screen is nice (bigger keyboard <3 ).

, the A70 looks like a great phone. My friend has the A50 and everything besides rear camera details is good (especially display and battery life iirc, speakers I don't know), the A70 has a better camera so should be up your alley.
    Still own the 830, 650, 950 that now are hidden away in a drawer. Used the 830 for well over a year as our daily driver but now sadly it, or the other two, are capable at fulfilling our needs. Did pull out the 950 a couple of months ago and update then back to sleep it went.

Yeah at this point the A70 looks to be a decent contender for my needs. Suspect camera(s) will fall short from my present daily drivers yet have to make some concessions if not willing to spend the big $$$. Either way still browsing as no real need for a phone at this moment and time.
    11-16-2019 07:31 PM
    I keep trying to comment but the L830 keeps switching itself off. Gotta love Windows Phone! Have a look on YouTube, especially at J.Williams reviews of the A70. That will tell you everything you need to know far better than I can. My wife was so impressed with mine that she's had one to replace her aging Galaxy S6.
    Yesterday 08:05 AM
    I keep trying to comment but the L830 keeps switching itself off. Gotta love Windows Phone! Have a look on YouTube, especially at J.Williams reviews of the A70. That will tell you everything you need to know far better than I can. My wife was so impressed with mine that she's had one to replace her aging Galaxy S6.
    Oh I've check out many a reviews already. Consensus seems to be camera(s) do a pretty decent job in well lit conditions getting worse as lighting becomes less than ideal, no real surprise there. None of the cameras have OIS/EIS which is a bit of a let down. Battery appears to be a definite winner.

Battery going bad in your L830 maybe?
    Yesterday 06:17 PM
    I've got two batteries, one of them is almost new. I'm having problems with more and more apps throughout this year, especially Microsoft apps crashing. Weather, Edge, Microsoft News, Store are the worst offended brushing the phone to crash and needing a soft reset. In restarting the phone numerous apps are greyed out and a notification pops up telling me the SD card has been corrupted and and asked "Do you want us to fix it?" Typing this has been one of the longest periods the phone has kept working.
    Today 08:35 AM
    Right now Samsung S10+ 1TB 12 GB ram, previously a s8+ before it, a HP elite x3 before it, from a Lumia 950 before that one, and a Lumia 640 before them all. All of the WP are working good and for sale. PM me if interested.
    Today 08:44 AM
50 12