What phone are you using nowadays?

Status
Not open for further replies.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Another one for the Nokia 7.1, 4GB ram and 64GB storage, TA-1085. Good phone for the US GSM carriers . I haven't switched the SIM over from my Lumia 1520.3. hate to give up the wireless charging.
Replaced my wife's L830 with a Nokia 6.1, 3GB ram, 32GB storage, TA-1016. she likes it.
Both come with Android One, no Nokia pre installed apps, pure Android, quick charge.
Both from Amazon, update to Pie out of the box, both have dual SIM versions

Last edited:

In Cognito2

May 20, 2019
Visit site
ACER PRIMO its fast its easy and with the small dock I can hook it to a monitor or flatscreen use a portable bluetooth keyboard and continue writing ,working and searching full screen without lugging a computer around . the call quality is better than any ios or android phone Ive owned and the OS is familiar for my job.

ONeill Bryan

May 18, 2015
Visit site
Still running my HP ELITE X3 with 3 desk-docks and one lap-dock Plus a mobile dock USB-C. seeing all the notices that all the social apps a closing down support does sound bad I am not going to make the switch till the last second on December 31 if needs be. so i am hoping by the Dec, 31 that a Windows Mobile PC will some how come from Microsoft magic, like a wish granted to all of us.
HP Elite X3 is still blowing persons minds with all the features and docks. so am good till the end. i typed this out on my lap-dock:wink:

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
On blackberry a developer jumped in and wrote apps for all the abandoned ones (paid), like whatsapp. It's possible someone will do that with windows phone. Short term profit opportunity.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
A WP user since I got my hands on the super L920. Had several Lumias since, up to the 950XL, it still works fine.
However I just started using a Nokia 8.1 this month. Its bearable, haha!! Got most of the MSFT apps I had frequently used on the 950XL installed. It was actually a ride-hailing app (Grab, which wasnt available on WP) that pushed me into Android much earlier than I thought I would.
Still dislike the rows and rows of icons. Tried some launchers that mimic WP but its not quite the same. I'm on Niagara now, and made it as simple I could get it to be (almost minimal notification!!!)
Installed Gcam and the camera has been more than capable....

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
A WP user since I got my hands on the super L920. Had several Lumias since, up to the 950XL, it still works fine.
However I just started using a Nokia 8.1 this month. Its bearable, haha!! Got most of the MSFT apps I had frequently used on the 950XL installed. It was actually a ride-hailing app (Grab, which wasnt available on WP) that pushed me into Android much earlier than I thought I would.
Still dislike the rows and rows of icons. Tried some launchers that mimic WP but its not quite the same. I'm on Niagara now, and made it as simple I could get it to be (almost minimal notification!!!)
Installed Gcam and the camera has been more than capable....
Was just about to suggest Niagara. Pity Nokia killed the Z launcher, which was Niagara before Niagara.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Been platform agnostic for eons, so even when WP was my daily driver I was a dual user with Android.

I use a V35 as the daily with the newly deemed Google blacksheep OEM Huawei Mate 20 Pro as the weekend phone. Got a 950 XL I like to boot up periodically to curse at MSFT over. Still say that WP8.0 was the best looking bit of the WP Era. WP8.1 was good too but it start to feel too, like everyone else for me.

Stephen Townsley

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
I use a Nokia 8.1 each day. I actually bought it with Bitcoin so it didn't cost very much because the Bitcoin had jumped up in value. I still like Nokia (HMD global) because it's an Android One handset with no bloatware. I have Microsoft Launcher, Edge browser and Cortana configured. My "faith" in Microsoft is still higher than their delivery in mobile.

Camera is OK. I have real camera with me most of the time anyway. I am toying with a second hand iphone next time because I refuse to pay new prices.

fat8893

Apr 30, 2017
Visit site
Currently using Microsoft Lumia 950 XL as my daily driver despite problems with the cracked LCD, battery and the camera zoom motor.

Next on my wishlist is the legendary Nokia Lumia 1020 as my photography gear and the Motorola Moto Z2 Play, purely for entertainment purpose.

Marek Kloczewiak

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
android essential

android essential is my present phone after leaving lumia 950 behind. I loved lumia, but I hated short battery span so much that I switched. it does not mean that I am happy now. all those things which I was complaining about Windows haunt me here: poorly designed, functionality replicating apps is the worst. what's the point of having 1 million apps if only handful of them are really doing what they are supposed to do? need for restarting the phone is still here. camera is so so. I can not use visual mail at all and I am not able to remove unwanted start menu apps. what I love, it is the same size factor as lumia 950, amazing feel in my hand and I can use it in any country of the World - in case I needed it. Battery is great too!
However, I miss windows and still now, almost one year later, I swap sim card and use lumia. so much simpler, prettier, browsing internet much easier.
I do not understand why Microsoft gave up on phones and so many other toys. there are millions of us who use that system and would support it.

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
My daily drivers these days are the P20 & Pro with their cameras keeping me very satisfied.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos