What phone are you using nowadays?

Status
Not open for further replies.

G4Grandad

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy A70 which is superb, iPhone 6s which "just works", Galaxy Note 4 with a cracked screen but I won't part with it. And an unreliable, constantly rebooting, obsolete and unsupported Lumia 830. But I forgive all it's faults when it does work

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy A70 which is superb, iPhone 6s which "just works", Galaxy Note 4 with a cracked screen but I won't part with it. And an unreliable, constantly rebooting, obsolete and unsupported Lumia 830. But I forgive all it's faults when it does work

How you finding the camera(s) and battery life on the A70? Checks off most of my boxes, big battery, flat display, expandable storage, inexpensive (in the grand scheme of things), blah blah blah. Moved away from Samsung after the GS7 & Edge but w/A70's launch considered returning. Realistically don't need a new device for a while yet but the urge for something new has been egging me on LOL.

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
Lumia 950 XL lol, battery life is kindy meh though and its a bit buggy but the camera still amazes me from time to time and the big 16:9 screen is nice (bigger keyboard <3 ).

How you finding the camera(s) and battery life on the A70? Checks off most of my boxes, big battery, flat display, expandable storage, inexpensive (in the grand scheme of things), blah blah blah. Moved away from Samsung after the GS7 & Edge but w/A70's launch considered returning. Realistically don't need a new device for a while yet but the urge for something new has been egging me on LOL.
, the A70 looks like a great phone. My friend has the A50 and everything besides rear camera details is good (especially display and battery life iirc, speakers I don't know), the A70 has a better camera so should be up your alley.

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
Lumia 950 XL lol, battery life is kindy meh though and its a bit buggy but the camera still amazes me from time to time and the big 16:9 screen is nice (bigger keyboard <3 ).

, the A70 looks like a great phone. My friend has the A50 and everything besides rear camera details is good (especially display and battery life iirc, speakers I don't know), the A70 has a better camera so should be up your alley.

Still own the 830, 650, 950 that now are hidden away in a drawer. Used the 830 for well over a year as our daily driver but now sadly it, or the other two, are capable at fulfilling our needs. Did pull out the 950 a couple of months ago and update then back to sleep it went.

Yeah at this point the A70 looks to be a decent contender for my needs. Suspect camera(s) will fall short from my present daily drivers yet have to make some concessions if not willing to spend the big $$$. Either way still browsing as no real need for a phone at this moment and time.

G4Grandad

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I keep trying to comment but the L830 keeps switching itself off. Gotta love Windows Phone! Have a look on YouTube, especially at J.Williams reviews of the A70. That will tell you everything you need to know far better than I can. My wife was so impressed with mine that she's had one to replace her aging Galaxy S6.

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
I keep trying to comment but the L830 keeps switching itself off. Gotta love Windows Phone! Have a look on YouTube, especially at J.Williams reviews of the A70. That will tell you everything you need to know far better than I can. My wife was so impressed with mine that she's had one to replace her aging Galaxy S6.

Oh I've check out many a reviews already. Consensus seems to be camera(s) do a pretty decent job in well lit conditions getting worse as lighting becomes less than ideal, no real surprise there. None of the cameras have OIS/EIS which is a bit of a let down. Battery appears to be a definite winner.

Battery going bad in your L830 maybe?

G4Grandad

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I've got two batteries, one of them is almost new. I'm having problems with more and more apps throughout this year, especially Microsoft apps crashing. Weather, Edge, Microsoft News, Store are the worst offended brushing the phone to crash and needing a soft reset. In restarting the phone numerous apps are greyed out and a notification pops up telling me the SD card has been corrupted and and asked "Do you want us to fix it?" Typing this has been one of the longest periods the phone has kept working.

jes1888

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Right now Samsung S10+ 1TB 12 GB ram, previously a s8+ before it, a HP elite x3 before it, from a Lumia 950 before that one, and a Lumia 640 before them all. All of the WP are working good and for sale. PM me if interested.

Dwarf_King

Nov 10, 2016
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy S10 with Microsoft Launcher and Your Phone app. Works pretty well. Still would have preferred a real Windows phone but when the urge becomes too big I play a bit with my Lumia 950 XL or reinstall the Launcher 10 premium on my Samsung galaxy S10 😂

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy S10 with Microsoft Launcher and Your Phone app. Works pretty well. Still would have preferred a real Windows phone but when the urge becomes too big I play a bit with my Lumia 950 XL or reinstall the Launcher 10 premium on my Samsung galaxy S10 ������

Never once did I try to replicate Windows Phone on my Droids other than using some of Microsoft's app, even then they too got dumped within two years time opting into the Google ecosystem... OneDrive, OneNote are there if needed but rarely are they.

Last time I pulled out any of my W10M phones (not all that long ago) it was literally depressing. Not so much because I miss the platform but more that their usefulness has been severely compromised due to the lack of apps. And in my opinion they're not even a worthy tool for browsing the web otherwise they might reside on my coffee table for occasional use. Never found my W10M experience to be even close that of 8.0/8.1 which probably is why our "once" strong feelings for platform rarely induces sorrow now that it no longer exists.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Could you please repeat the question? My SIM card has terminal amnesia. Yesterday it was a Mate 10, today it's a XS Max and tomorrow is a promise to no one.

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
Could you please repeat the question? My SIM card has terminal amnesia. Yesterday it was a Mate 10, today it's a XS Max and tomorrow is a promise to no one.

I've been rolling that way for years having at least five to choose from at any one given time LOL... Today it's the P20 & Pro, Pixel 2 XL, Moto G7, and G8X ThinQ w/DualScreen.

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I looked for my answer and saw only two phones in mid November. How time has changed:

Xiaomi Mi 9, LG V35, LG V40, Huawei Mate 20 Pro, Nokia 9 Pureview.

My SIM card has a similar anxiety and amnesia.

njstol01

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
Just switched a few weeks back to my first android phone ever- an OnePlus 6T. So far, a very nice experience. I don't even think I'll switch launchers which I had initially thought I'd might to give that windows phone feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire