What phone are you using nowadays?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Happily using my iPhone 11 Pro Max.

I ordered an iPhone 11 Pro Max that I have not yet received. I am an expat, and it was shipped to my US address. It's there waiting for me. Normally I don't have to wait more than a month or so for things to get to me from the US, but travel has been stopped since late March.

I primarily use and prefer Android, but I have used iPhone in the past. I decided to do it again to keep things interesting. I have used a OnePlus 6T since November 2018, and I'll use it until I can get my hands on my new iPhone. It's been a long time since I went that long with the same phone! Actually, I'm not sure I ever have before.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I ordered an iPhone 11 Pro Max that I have not yet received. I am an expat, and it was shipped to my US address. It's there waiting for me. Normally I don't have to wait more than a month or so for things to get to me from the US, but travel has been stopped since late March.

I primarily use and prefer Android, but I have used iPhone in the past. I decided to do it again to keep things interesting. I have used a OnePlus 6T since November 2018, and I'll use it until I can get my hands on my new iPhone. It's been a long time since I went that long with the same phone! Actually, I'm not sure I ever have before.
Two years with the same phone? Mad respect bruh, I'm patting myself on the back if I make it 2 months. Next week is my 25th wedding anniversary so no, it's not a global character quirk.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Two years with the same phone? Mad respect bruh, I'm patting myself on the back if I make it 2 months. Next week is my 25th wedding anniversary so no, it's not a global character quirk.

My 18th wedding anniversary is coming up, which means I'm not exactly a kid. It's been a long time since I've gone more than a year with the same phone. But I would say that the OnePlus 6T has been more satisfying than any phone I've had in a long time. The subsequent OP devices seemed to have too many compromises, especially considering the prices.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
My 18th wedding anniversary is coming up, which means I'm not exactly a kid. It's been a long time since I've gone more than a year with the same phone. But I would say that the OnePlus 6T has been more satisfying than any phone I've had in a long time. The subsequent OP devices seemed to have too many compromises, especially considering the prices.
I'm typing this on my first OnePlus (8) so I don't know what those compromises are. I've had it for a few weeks now and it seems to be pretty good so far. I can't say I'm a fan of the punchhole but it's unobtrusive enough compared to a huge notch like the Pixel 3XL. It'll do for now.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm typing this on my first OnePlus (8) so I don't know what those compromises are.

I meant more that they didn't seem to be enough of an upgrade rather than compromise, especially considering that the prices made them no longer flagship killers. I was not a fan of the 7's pop up camera. To me that is certainly a compromise.

nt40lanman

Apr 5, 2017
Visit site
A year and a half ago I picked up a Galaxy S7 off Amazon. It is LITERALLY the worst thing in my life. If I could, I'd send a terminator back in time to kill everyone that started Android. Zero stars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12