Is Windows Phone/10 Mobile worth using if many apps is ending support? Windows Phone is too lack of apps now, since many apps like WhatsApp is ending support for this platform. Also Microsoft is ending support for Windows 10 Mobile. Should you switch to Android or iOS?

https://www.techradar.com/news/whats...id-ios-devices
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...of-support-faq
    05-18-2019 10:21 AM
    Yes, it's worth switching. Messenger ending support, whatsapp, and a year after microsoft stops it's support, auto photo uploading. Not impossible to use, but that's all starting to get annoying.

I'll be switching to lineageOS. To much other stuff I need first tho. I'll probably have to do it, after the lights are being switched off.
    Yue Ling likes this.
    05-18-2019 11:27 AM
    If one doesn't use a lot of apps or social media like myself, W10M is still a great platform. I suppose when I can't upload pictures to OneDrive, receive email, txt or use internet then it will be time to switch back to android. I really hope there's another option when that time comes besides Apple or Android.
    05-18-2019 01:29 PM
    If one doesn't use a lot of apps or social media like myself, W10M is still a great platform. I suppose when I can't upload pictures to OneDrive, receive email, txt or use internet then it will be time to switch back to android. I really hope there's another option when that time comes besides Apple or Android.
    Autophoto photo uploading ends one year after december when support finishes. After that you'kk have to sync onedrive manually.
    05-19-2019 12:06 PM
    Fired up my L950 after a couple of months of no use and boy has it aged some more! Purchased a "cheap" Android form late 2017 (on Oreo 8.1) due to price. Camera is worse as is its cpu (RAM same) yet under general use it runs circles around the 950 for just about every task, web browsing alone is so much more superior... Nope the social aspects aren't even part of the equation in this comparison. So in my opinion Windows phone/Phone is definitely not worth using today...

... Never had the opportunity to try the L950 XL, Alcatel Idol 4s, or HP Elite X3 so maybe their better specs would improve the overall experience somewhat, kinda doubting it would be night and day though.
    Last edited by Elky64; 05-19-2019 at 02:33 PM.
    05-19-2019 01:19 PM
    I'm very happy with my 950xl but I don't use many apps. I'm planning to switch later this year given that WhatApp support is going away, and that's one App that I use for most of my messaging.

Probably looking at Android, up to this afternoon I was considering a Huawei but given the news about them and Google I will likely reconsider.
    05-19-2019 06:23 PM
    I'm very happy with my 950xl but I don't use many apps. I'm planning to switch later this year given that WhatApp support is going away, and that's one App that I use for most of my messaging.

Probably looking at Android, up to this afternoon I was considering a Huawei but given the news about them and Google I will likely reconsider.
    Time for all of us to return to the good 'ol flip phone me thinks LOL.
    05-19-2019 08:02 PM
    Time to switch to Android or iOS!
    05-20-2019 12:19 AM
    If you just need a few basic apps, and something for email and calls and general internet then it's fine. Anything more and it's time to switch.
    05-20-2019 05:47 AM
    If you just need a few basic apps, and something for email and calls and general internet then it's fine. Anything more and it's time to switch.
    But when Microsoft Store and anything will stop working on Windows Phone/10 Mobile soon...
    05-20-2019 07:18 AM
    But when Microsoft Store and anything will stop working on Windows Phone/10 Mobile soon...
    Well, when that happens, then yes, you will have to switch.
    05-20-2019 09:21 AM
    Time for all of us to return to the good 'ol flip phone me thinks LOL.
    Theres' always the nokia banana phone. KaiOS is actually a pretty solid feature phone OS. Shame there's nothing with qwerty (in the west) and a decent camera though, otherwise I'd seriously consider it.

I miss not nursing your phone like a baby, and week+ battery life.
    Elky64 likes this.
    05-20-2019 06:59 PM