What is your final Windows Phone?

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Lumia as a alarm clock? I haven't downgraded my 830 or 950XL to that extend yet. Haha!
That's because I have one of these babies, a Nokia 6303 classic. It last more than a couple of months on a full charge!!
c76cab6c10e4bc80c03efba93aad61b0.jpg

Those suckers would survive being cooked in a microwave oven I bet. The sad part is that you could bout phones like the Nokia 8110 1G or 4G in a drop test against any phone made in the last 10 years and they would be victorious.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Those suckers would survive being cooked in a microwave oven I bet. The sad part is that you could bout phones like the Nokia 8110 1G or 4G in a drop test against any phone made in the last 10 years and they would be victorious.
Wont be surprised at all, this 9yr old 6303c is a solidly built. The removable back battery cover is a piece of stainless steel!!

G4Grandad

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I had a 6303i. The look and feel of that phone was superb. A Nokia at their peak. Happy days, thanks for reminding me. I just looked on Amazon and found some for sale at around the price I paid more than a decade ago. I can almost feel that beautiful, cold steel in my hand right now.

jes1888

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
If anyone is interested in buying some windows phones send me a PM. Have available hp elite x3 with dock and OEM rugged case and dock, mint condition. Lumia 950 black with display dock. Lumia 1520 16 GB black at&t branded but can be unlocked. Lumia 640 black at&t branded. PM me for pics, need them gone.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 929. Use it occasionally and will never be cast aside. DD is the iPhone XS Max. Good phone but not a WP for sure.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
The last one I actually used was the Elite X3. Sold it a few months after I bought it. It was a great phone, but it came out as I was moving away from WPs towards Android. I always wanted an Elite X4 running Android or Windows 10.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
The last one I actually used was the Elite X3. Sold it a few months after I bought it. It was a great phone, but it came out as I was moving away from WPs towards Android. I always wanted an Elite X4 running Android or Windows 10.
There are a couple of elite x3 v2 (x4) prototype phones floating around (w10m) . It had an aluminum frame same screen size but lower resolution (fhd). Maybe hp will make one now in following suit with Microsoft?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm still with my Acer Primo, I just can't bring myself around to putting it out to pasture. I have my T-Mobile Digits SIM in it to keep my call logs and text messages current. I've been using an iPhone XR for a while now and I hate it but it beats Android (for my tastes). It's possible I look into the 1+ 7T next week when it falls in the hands of the Magenta Morons.

Matter of fact, the Acer is getting the 10B update right now. Imagine that, Microsoft is keeping its promise with bug and security fixes. The end is nigh.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Matter of fact, the Acer is getting the 10B update right now. Imagine that, Microsoft is keeping its promise with bug and security fixes. The end is nigh.
The update went through without a hitch for once. Afterward, I got fresh Store updates for Xodo (excellent cross-platform PDF app), Dropbox and Fitbit. Kudos especially for Fitbit, they haven't quit on us yet.

Dwarf_King

Nov 10, 2016
Visit site
The mighty Lumia 950 XL was my first and last Windows 10 Mobile, but damn it was love at first sight. What a phone and what a camera and that design was and is just so beautiful.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Nokia Lumia Icon. Have had it for over 5 years. I take it out occasionally, charge it and check for updates. Still my favorite of all the phones I have had.

njstol01

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
Microsoft 950, retired just last month. Even with a new battery, it needed daily charging and when the main camera began having focusing issues, I decided it was time. But actually, I am attempting to resurrect my Lumia 640 to use at times that I don't want to risk damaging my new phone. So maybe that'll be my last windows phone? :wink:

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
The Lumia 950XL, which is chugging along just fine. The lack of whatsapp didn't bother me after whatsapp pulled support for WM10. But the current pandemic highlighted an ugly truth ever prominently. Most people have become accustomed to convenience above all else. Thus instead of apps facilitating communication, it's become the other way round people have to facilitate apps to communicate. So if you don't have an app, you're excluded even though there are other apps work without issues such as Viber, Telegram (Unigram) even good ole sms.

So unfortunately due to necessity have had to switch platforms.

Now using Xperia 10 with Sailfish X lol. It's been afew days but so far it's been a decent experience. Really missing the live tiles though.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
950 XL was the last one I actively used. I bought the 7 inch Cube Windows Phone to play with, but it was unusable as a phone here in the states. I still play around with my old 640 XL from time to time though.

nt40lanman

Apr 5, 2017
Visit site
Lumia 640 after my 950 went nuts. Then I switched to a "refurbished" (screwed up) Galaxy S7. Spoiler Alert, Android sucks. I have been fighting the urge to drive a hammer through the screen for a year and a half.

Today I had my old 950 charging and my S7 kept dropping calls. I stuffed the SIM in the 950 and it was like heaven for a while!!!

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Over the years I used a number of WP/WM devices. IIRC, my first one was a Nokia Lumia 710. That was actually a sweet device at the time. After that I had a couple 920s. I really liked that phone, but wow was that thing a brick! It was very heavy, but good and solid. I bought a resold a number of 521s as well. I do not recall ever using one though. I also might have had some other WP/WM devices that I don't remember.

My last Windows phone was a Lumia 650. I was not using WM as a daily driver anymore, and a colleague who was still using it needed a replacement. I sold him my 650, and that was the end of an era for me. I'm not even sure when this was; maybe late 2017/early 2018?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium