New Leak: Is this the New Surface Uni? Would you buy this instead of the Duo?

Blacklizted

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
New Project (3).jpg

Sorry I decided to call it Uni in the last second and is too lazy to edit the photo. :evil:

If Microsoft released this product instead, will you buy it?

- 1 panel only
- speakers and camera moved further up
- screen height stretched a bit
- thinner side bezels
- no camera on the back
- same thin design

Smartphones are getting taller and the viewing experience for me is not great. In portrait, websites is zoomed out since its tall, while in landscape, websites are too zoomed in because its too wide. For videos, its too small in portrait, and there are black bars in landscape.

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
There would be very little reason to buy a phone like the "Uni" and absolutely no reason Microsoft would ever make one.

Microsoft will only run the phone race if they have a unique offering. A single screen, android phone is the opposite of unique.

The hook that Microsoft is going for with its re-entry into the mobile game is productivity. The whole idea behind the Duo is that you are a lot more productive on your mobile device when you interact with two apps at once, seamlessly across two screens i.e. Editing a word document on one screen while being on a teams call on the other screen.

Blacklizted

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
If you're a web developer, you'll know what I mean. Try pressing F12 on your browser then Device Emulation and choose Galaxy Fold in both portrait and landscape.
I would love to have a non-foldable that's in a 3:2 aspect ratio. I think that'd be unique in an era of tall phones.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, no it's too unwieldy as a phone and the lack of a camera nulifies the use of it as a tablet for productivity alot. Especially in this era of remote working where office lens makes everything extremely efficient and saves money - many don't have scanners at home and some don't even have printers...

I'd much rather Microsoft focus on the software (WoA) and the Unified Windows App Ecosystem (APIs etc) the latter is even more important in this era of remote working.

anon(5327127)

May 25, 2011
Visit site
No.

"no camera on the back"

I bought my Mate 20 x due to the size and the camera. No matter what the product is, if it doesn't have a really good camera, I'm not going to buy it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3