Acer Iconia W500

sinlessearth

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
In case some of you want to try windows 8 on a touch screen for a good price this is the tablet. I have been running it since developer preview and love it. Everything works but you have to download a few drivers from Acer but it works great especially for not having $1100 specs. Just $500 and you have a windows 8 tablet. Windows 8 will be great.

paulbram

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I just ordered a refurb from cheetahdeals.com for like $359. Seems like a steal. I do fully admit this is just a stopgap until a real tablet is released. Hopefully a Nokia!

sinlessearth

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I just put the release preview on my Iconia W500 and it is way better than the consumer preview. Touch screen is so responsive. I use to have an issue with swiping in from the side with my portfolio on it but now with the release preview it is no longer an issue. For the money this is a great tablet. After install I still had 15gb left on the ssd.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I just bought two of these on craigslist for $280, both in great shape. :) If you get lucky you can get them cheap because with Win7 people don't like them as much. But with Win8 it's awesome and all the hardware works, etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss