windows 8 on an ipad... even apple owners like it!

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I saw this article this morning too. Looks like Microsoft is making another "splash" in the tech world. The main thing will be how functional it will be to the average/power user and if it will be stable. Apple will try and sue them for something...somehow someway.

wenogg

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I saw this article this morning too. Looks like Microsoft is making another "splash" in the tech world. The main thing will be how functional it will be to the average/power user and if it will be stable. Apple will try and sue them for something...somehow someway.
I tried it out. It works, but it is noticeably laggy. I wanted to use it for testing Windows 8 development. While it works I don't think it's a great experience. I had high hopes.

CHIP72

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I think Windows 8 on an iPad would be an awesome combination.

I wonder how many Apple computer/tablet users have/will have Windows 7 (or 8) on their MacIntosh and/or Windows 8 on their iPad.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I tried it out. It works, but it is noticeably laggy. I wanted to use it for testing Windows 8 development. While it works I don't think it's a great experience. I had high hopes.

Well, lets hope they work those issues out. They need things to be fairly perfect in order to make a dent in the tablet arena. ipads have that on lock at the moment.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Well, lets hope they work those issues out. They need things to be fairly perfect in order to make a dent in the tablet arena. ipads have that on lock at the moment.

There is no way you can judge the performance of Windows 8 from a virtualised session running over the internet. Windows 8 on hardware as low spec as an AMD C-50 APU is fast in everything, and apart from being beta and incomplete is a great experience. The performance with splashtops RDP app is nothing like running Windows 8 on native hardware.

The only problem W8 tablets will have will be the ingrained anti Microsoft bias, which is evident from people saying they like W8 just because they see it running on the ipad. The slavish worship of that company is truly astonishing.

InfectedPhreak

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
My head is practically spinning, watching this. I can't believe someone had the balls to go and do this. Hopefully it will excite more users into the Metro UI, and back into the MS ecosystem.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre