Looking to buy a Windows Tablet.

nlocurto

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Hey there all,

Just made the switch from Android to Windows Phone. I'm looking to get a windows tablet that is obviously currently running windows 7 but I can load windows 8 preview on until windows 8 releases...

I'm looking for advice as to what tablet to purchase today.???

Thanks in advance.

Gromet

Bballbenb

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Acer Iconia W500 is your best bet. It runs windows 8 consumer preview as well. Why not wait for a few more months when the new windows 8 tablets come out though? No one wants out dated hardware!

AzD

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Have you run the Windows 8 Consumer Preview? Are you aware of the very limited selection of apps they have at the moment? I would just wait for a fully supported and optimized tablet comes out, but if the money is burning a hole in your pocket, have at it... but remember you will in all likelihood have to purchase the final version of Windows 8 once it is released, so be prepared to add that cost to your analysis.

sinlessearth

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Acer Iconia W500. I have one right now with Windows 8 CP on it and runs everything with no issues. You can get some refurbs for real cheap too. To me the limited selection of apps is no big deal because Windows 8 runs all programs that windows 7 does and there is tons of windows programs.

ymc932

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I bought the MSI windpad 110W & upgraded the ssd to 128GB. Its now running Win 8 CP & I absolutely love it. I use it to impress my clients, presenting my 3D designs with Google Sketup. I have a VGA wireless (WiFi) connection to the LCD projector so that I could walk around the meeting room & up close to each audience to ask them what they would like to see more clearly. I then navigate & zoom in on the 3D design with my fingers including swinging the model 360 degrees without lag.

Reason I choose Windpad over W500 was the smooth touchscreen (glass)besides being thinner & lighter. But this is just a personal choice. Overall I think a Windows tablet is far more practical for me than an iPad or android pad ( which i have as well) as it can be used beyond just FB & checking emails.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion