Windows 8 price points?

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
I think Microsoft should try for structured price points: WP (~$200 on contract) ARM (~$300-$500) x86 (~$600 & up). It is what Apple is doing with it's products. They pretty much have every price point covered from iPod, iPhone, iPad to OSX. I think it's crucial to create some sort of order/standard (software & hardware), so you don't get people buying substandard, $300, x86 machines and have it run like crap, giving the user terrible experience. What do you guys think?

hardcoreplur

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
I hope that's what MS is doing, and I hope they work with the OEM to make it happen.
Microsoft actually went to QUALCOMM and negotiated with them for pricing. I think if this happens; the OEMs, sub-component manufactures, and Microsoft could all be very happy people very soon.

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
hmm... i dont know if thats a good thing, if u could get x86 at 400 it would make my day (which is very possible from looking at current cost for laptops) and if oem wants to integrate some crazy gadget into their phone the price point limit would make it harder as well

Mitlov

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I think Microsoft should try for structured price points: WP (~$200 on contract) ARM (~$300-$500) x86 (~$600 & up). It is what Apple is doing with it's products. They pretty much have every price point covered from iPod, iPhone, iPad to OSX. I think it's crucial to create some sort of order/standard (software & hardware), so you don't get people buying substandard, $300, x86 machines and have it run like crap, giving the user terrible experience. What do you guys think?

Apple can have structured price points because they're the ONLY one selling hardware.

Having structured price points for Windows 8 tablets would not only kill the diversity of Windows tablets (Surface as luxury devices, Acer as bargain-basement devices, Asus somewhere in between, etc), but probably would violate US anti-trust laws for price fixing.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Apple can have structured price points because they're the ONLY one selling hardware.

Having structured price points for Windows 8 tablets would not only kill the diversity of Windows tablets (Surface as luxury devices, Acer as bargain-basement devices, Asus somewhere in between, etc), but probably would violate US anti-trust laws for price fixing.

Oh wow! I didn't think about anti-trust laws with OEMs. That's a good point.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss