Windows 8 upgrade question

hubberttyler

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
So it's 39.99 for folks running windows XP, vista, and 7, what if you installed the release preview as your main os. Is it still upgradeable at the same price?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

E

.Emi.

So it's 39.99 for folks running windows XP, vista, and 7, what if you installed the release preview as your main os. Is it still upgradeable at the same price?

please, obviously ONLY upgrade from xp, vista and 7. thats why you say it and the blogpost from Microsoft said it.
why would they want to give you a cheap upgrade only because you installed a FREE BETA as your main OS??
but also they said in a comment like you can upgrade it without having to reinstall xp, or vista or 7, you only need the serial to upgrade it.

hubberttyler

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Okay that works I still have my product key from windows 7, I was just worried I had screwed my way out of a discounted upgrade.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
please, obviously ONLY upgrade from xp, vista and 7. thats why you say it and the blogpost from Microsoft said it.
why would they want to give you a cheap upgrade only because you installed a FREE BETA as your main OS??
but also they said in a comment like you can upgrade it without having to reinstall xp, or vista or 7, you only need the serial to upgrade it.

Because the default download from Microsoft is designed to upgrade your main OS. You have to follow a secondary link to another page from the main install page to get the ISO to install it on a separate partition. I know if I have to pay extra to upgrade because I agreed to beta test for Microsoft I will be highly upset. Or I will reinstall windows 7 and reupgrade to windows 8 to get the cheaper price, which is inconvenient but will work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2