ZDNET trolling on Win8 again.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
There's always some mierda said about W8 on that site. Every single day, I always see it in my emails. Only people on ZDNet who aren't anti-MS are Mary Jo Foley and some other guy.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I just installed Win8 RTM on my laptop. Thus far, I am completely loving it. Win7 was the best version of Windows ever, I'd say. I don't feel like I downgraded at all to Win8. I like it every bit as much at Win7 so far.

tayfelix

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Hmm they are brainwashing the people who read the post. Does he love OSX? O_O windows 8 kinda nice even if u use mouse and keyboard.

mmacleodbrown

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I didn't even realise ZDNet was still going, let alone people still reading it! It's been years since I last went on there, shame as it used to be a good site back in the day, then it got bought out and the impartiality just wasn't there any more...

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I like Windows 8. A lot. You know why? Because I actually installed it on a regular laptop. You know what? It works exactly like Windows 7... except that I have a bunch of new stuff on top of what I already knew. And you know what else? That new stuff ADDS to the experience, not SUBTRACTS from the experience.

Do you know how many new keyboard and mouse functions they've added? Quite a few! I'm a keyboard junkie and I've learned more neat tricks with Windows 8 than I have learned from Windows in 10 years.

But you know what else? I've doubled my battery life, and nearly doubled my performance as well (compared to Windows 7 on the same hardware), and that's not exaggerating for effect. I used to get 4-5 hours of battery life. Now I'm easily getting about 9 hours, and at the 10% mark, it still reports 45 minutes.... I've just never bothered to see how close I can get it.

Oh and the new UI stuff... you know what's awesome about it? I almost never have to see/use it... with 3 exceptions-- connecting to Wi-Fi; logging onto the computer; and accessing the start screen, which frankly is pretty neat on its own once you play with it and pin the apps you actually care about. I don't have to use it for any other reason... and I'm serious. I didn't just unpin the Metro apps, I uninstalled them... even the default stuff. On a tablet, I wouldn't do that, of course, but on my laptop I did it on a whim just because I wanted to see just how flexible Windows 8 could be... and lo and behold... it is.

So to the haters... have you used it? Or are you just mindlessly following some blogger's opinion? If you HAVE used it (and by that I mean more than just "in passing" or a day or two), opinions are valid when they're backed up by FACT... so what, specifically, didn't you like that you couldn't find a solution?

UPDATE: One more comment... ZDNet has some idiots, that's very true. Adrian, Steven, and James (Kendrick), are all VERY biased towards whatever platform they're pushing at the moment. However, ZDNet also has very talented JOURNALISTS (as opposed to bloggers) like Ed Bott and Mary Jo Foley as well. I've been following the two of them my entire IT career (20 years), and there's a reason for that... I trust them. I've even met MJF at the Nokia launch event this summer. Just asking that as this thread continues, maybe put it in perspective that just like CNET and others, there are always good and bad.

Last edited:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I like Windows 8. A lot. You know why? Because I actually installed it on a regular laptop. You know what? It works exactly like Windows 7... except that I have a bunch of new stuff on top of what I already knew. And you know what else? That new stuff ADDS to the experience, not SUBTRACTS from the experience.

Do you know how many new keyboard and mouse functions they've added? Quite a few! I'm a keyboard junkie and I've learned more neat tricks with Windows 8 than I have learned from Windows in 10 years.

But you know what else? I've doubled my battery life, and nearly doubled my performance as well (compared to Windows 7 on the same hardware), and that's not exaggerating for effect. I used to get 4-5 hours of battery life. Now I'm easily getting about 9 hours, and at the 10% mark, it still reports 45 minutes.... I've just never bothered to see how close I can get it.

Oh and the new UI stuff... you know what's awesome about it? I almost never have to see/use it... with 3 exceptions-- connecting to Wi-Fi; logging onto the computer; and accessing the start screen, which frankly is pretty neat on its own once you play with it and pin the apps you actually care about. I don't have to use it for any other reason... and I'm serious. I didn't just unpin the Metro apps, I uninstalled them... even the default stuff. On a tablet, I wouldn't do that, of course, but on my laptop I did it on a whim just because I wanted to see just how flexible Windows 8 could be... and lo and behold... it is.

So to the haters... have you used it? Or are you just mindlessly following some blogger's opinion? If you HAVE used it (and by that I mean more than just "in passing" or a day or two), opinions are valid when they're backed up by FACT... so what, specifically, didn't you like that you couldn't find a solution?

UPDATE: One more comment... ZDNet has some idiots, that's very true. Adrian, Steven, and James (Kendrick), are all VERY biased towards whatever platform they're pushing at the moment. However, ZDNet also has very talented JOURNALISTS (as opposed to bloggers) like Ed Bott and Mary Jo Foley as well. I've been following the two of them my entire IT career (20 years), and there's a reason for that... I trust them. I've even met MJF at the Nokia launch event this summer. Just asking that as this thread continues, maybe put it in perspective that just like CNET and others, there are always good and bad.
Wanna hear crazy? I installed W8 on an old HP TC1100 slate just for mierdas y rizas and boy was I impressed. It ran so much faster and smoother than XP even with 1.5 gigs of RAM and a 1.25 CPU. I couldn't keep it on because there were no drivers for the Wacom pen but I really liked the Metro UI and the quick boot. Once you get into the start screen, it's basically 7 but with a few wrinkles. If W8 could run that well on such ancient equipment I can just imagine what W8 Pro will be like with modern hardware and running on an SSD.

Don't pay no mind to the haters. They're just spewing hate because they can't admit to themselves that MS has caught up and will be the standard bearer once again.

sconrad308

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
I have Win8 on my laptop and it is GREAT! Faster, better performance, with metro styling. It is so smooth to use. I have a dual boot machine with WIN7 and WIN8, I hardly ever use the 7 side other than for just a couple of programs that I haven't bothered to download on WIN8 yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss