Anyone else preorder an x86 tablet?

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
the deal killer with the W700 is no SD slot of any kind. I was just about ready to pull the trigger on one of these and this stopped me in my tracks. Now I'm back to getting a Surface RT and keeping my desktop, or waiting for a SurfPro to replace my desktop next year.

ieuser

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I ordered the Acer Iconia W700-6465. Amazon has it $50 cheaper than Newegg. I'm thinking it's a price mistake so we'll see what happens. I also order the Surface.

I did not realize this tablet didn't have an SD card slot. :confused: I guess I'll need a usb solution to download photos on it.

texantony

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I ordered the Acer Iconia W700-6465. Amazon has it $50 cheaper than Newegg. I'm thinking it's a price mistake so we'll see what happens. I also order the Surface.

I did not realize this tablet didn't have an SD card slot. :confused: I guess I'll need a usb solution to download photos on it.

I have a USB card reader that I paid around $10. I noticed the dock has 3 usb ports, would work great on it. My turn off on this device is the lack of Wacom technology. Other than that it sounds great, especially for the price. I'd pay for the i5 processor.

RTS2

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
ANy idea about when the Lenovo thinkpad tablet 2 is coming out? I've been champing at the bit to get this but haven't heard word one about it, which is odd if it's supposed to be released on Friday.

-R

I did an online chat with them yesterday and they claimed it would be out November 16I'm not putting a lot of stock in that though and expect it earlier...

Sniper1087

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I have a USB card reader that I paid around $10. I noticed the dock has 3 usb ports, would work great on it. My turn off on this device is the lack of Wacom technology. Other than that it sounds great, especially for the price. I'd pay for the i5 processor.

yes thats what I though all you need is the usb ports and and usb readers for microSD or flashdrives and you can have the additional storage, the only thing is no MiMo Antenna means it might not have a strong wifi signal, but the price seems just right, I am worried about the surface pro with pricing, since it really might be expensive compared to the Acer pricing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077