what do u think of ur lovely windows 8 tablets? :-)

TeknoBlast

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
So far, the only W8 tablet I've used is my Surface and I love it. I'm on it all day...okay not all day since I have to work, but on my free time, I'm on it. I have an iPad as well, but that's about to be sold to a friend of mine. Thank you MS for this great device.

jenjen4u

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Love the surface i got, I actually got the surface mainly for my mum to use and she loves the tablet she had a Galaxy Tab 10.1 and she said to me that the surface its amazing and faster.

I was able to edit an XML file to enable flash on a website my mum watches her tv shows on. As you know some sites are not on the compatible list but it wasn't rocket "science to get the website working fully. The fact that i was able to edit a file and see the change it made just goes to show how productive you can be on a surface especially with office on there too.

I also can see windows rt being a great platform especially for beginners in the computing world, i see a huge difference between how my mum used the surface compared to her using the android tablet, its now easier for my mum to navigate and i can see her even using different apps without my help (LOL)... When she had the android tablet she only used 2 apps (web browser and skype) because she was too scared to touch something just in case something would change. But now shes learnt more with a surface in 2days compared with using the Android tab for 1 year. I even got her to type up a letter for me :p.

I just love how microsoft have done a good job with providing a touch friendly OS with windows 8. I dont have any complaint, its crazy how there has been people banging on about the "learning curve"... what learning curve? In all honesty its cured my mum's fear to touch a computer.

I really feel like theres no compromise with windows 8 and i think it will be more evident once the apps get rolling out... I can see the OS getting more and more exciting if the new windows UI becomes standardize. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THE NEW WINDOWS ON A TRANSPARENT OR HOLOGRAPHIC DISPLAY!

slicc

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Love the surface i got, I actually got the surface mainly for my mum to use and she loves the tablet she had a Galaxy Tab 10.1 and she said to me that the surface its amazing and faster.

I was able to edit an XML file to enable flash on a website my mum watches her tv shows on. As you know some sites are not on the compatible list but it wasn't rocket "science to get the website working fully. The fact that i was able to edit a file and see the change it made just goes to show how productive you can be on a surface especially with office on there too.

I also can see windows rt being a great platform especially for beginners in the computing world, i see a huge difference between how my mum used the surface compared to her using the android tablet, its now easier for my mum to navigate and i can see her even using different apps without my help (LOL)... When she had the android tablet she only used 2 apps (web browser and skype) because she was too scared to touch something just in case something would change. But now shes learnt more with a surface in 2days compared with using the Android tab for 1 year. I even got her to type up a letter for me :p.

I just love how microsoft have done a good job with providing a touch friendly OS with windows 8. I dont have any complaint, its crazy how there has been people banging on about the "learning curve"... what learning curve? In all honesty its cured my mum's fear to touch a computer.

I really feel like theres no compromise with windows 8 and i think it will be more evident once the apps get rolling out... I can see the OS getting more and more exciting if the new windows UI becomes standardize. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THE NEW WINDOWS ON A TRANSPARENT OR HOLOGRAPHIC DISPLAY!
Where did you find this XML file? I can't seem to find it.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I love my Vivo RT. I played with the Surface as well, and am glad I went with the Vivo. I have wanted a GOOD Windows based tablet PC for the better part of the past decade and the Vivo is exactly what I have been dreaming of. I have used Android, iPad, and now Windows RT tablets extensively (used to have a Galaxy Tab 2, wife has an iPad 2), and I am in love with Windows RT. I'm actually really glad I went against my gut instinct and didn't get a Pro tablet, because I don't like using the desktop on my tablet at all, even with a mouse and keyboard. Apple and Google should be scared. People will love Windows 8 once they learn it.

jenjen4u

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Where did you find this XML file? I can't seem to find it.
"C:\Users\PUTYOURUSERNAMEHERE\AppData\Local\Microsoft\InternetExplorer\IECompatData\iecompatdata.xml"

You might want to to open it in these orders so that you can right click on "iecompatdata.xml" and open it on note pad...
THEN edit the file make sure you add "< domain >YourDomain.com< /domain >" between < Flash > and < /Flash >

after that make sure you uncheck the "Download updated compatibility list from Microsoft" in the Compatibility View Settings on the DESKTOP VERSION of IE10 and then go on the METRO IE and delete browsing history

Hope you find it with no problem now...

Last edited:

slicc

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
"C:\Users\PUTYOURUSERNAMEHERE\AppData\Local\Microsoft\InternetExplorer\IECompatData\iecompatdata.xml"

You might want to to open it in these orders so that you can right click on "iecompatdata.xml" and open it on note pad...
THEN edit the file make sure you add "< domain >YourDomain.com< /domain >" between < Flash > and < /Flash >

after that make sure you uncheck the "Download updated compatibility list from Microsoft" in the Compatibility View Settings on the DESKTOP VERSION of IE10 and then go on the METRO IE and delete browsing history

Hope you find it with no problem now...
Excellent, found it, thanks.

budney

Sep 6, 2006
Visit site
I love my Vivo RT. I played with the Surface as well, and am glad I went with the Vivo. I have wanted a GOOD Windows based tablet PC for the better part of the past decade and the Vivo is exactly what I have been dreaming of. I have used Android, iPad, and now Windows RT tablets extensively (used to have a Galaxy Tab 2, wife has an iPad 2), and I am in love with Windows RT. I'm actually really glad I went against my gut instinct and didn't get a Pro tablet, because I don't like using the desktop on my tablet at all, even with a mouse and keyboard. Apple and Google should be scared. People will love Windows 8 once they learn it.

I have to agree with you, the Vivo is nice, and Apple & Google are already worried. Lol

I bought a Toshiba touch screen laptop last weekend. But only after a hour of use with the Vivo I can sense the laptop will be going back. It is so much nicer to use sitting on the couch while watching TV. It is amazing to me that I have a real PC OS in a iPad like device.:)

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I have to agree with you, the Vivo is nice, and Apple & Google are already worried. Lol

Definitely worried. The Windows 8 event was planned for October 25th, and the WP event on the 29th, then Apple comes along and decides that it's a good idea to have an event on the 23rd to unveil their iPad mini and iPad 4. Then Google also decides it's a good idea to have an event on the 29th to unveil Nexus 4 and Nexus 10.

srmiller82

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Definitely worried. The Windows 8 event was planned for October 25th, and the WP event on the 29th, then Apple comes along and decides that it's a good idea to have an event on the 23rd to unveil their iPad mini and iPad 4. Then Google also decides it's a good idea to have an event on the 29th to unveil Nexus 4 and Nexus 10.
What chip does the vivo Rt have?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6