Any one tried the ATIV S Smart PC

Simon Tupper

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Since this tablet is one of the fee that is available in Canada with a Data plan then I was wondering if any of you tried it and if it's worth it?

Samsung tablets are generally good so I don't expect it to be buggy or whatever, but some feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you

Ivan421

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I did a quick review of a few tablets I've tried in another post. My only real issue with the ATIV is the dock connector. Mine would connect and disconnect constantly. Just the slightest movement would cause it to disconnect. I found a couple other reviews that said the same thing, so I think its a build quality issue. Not sure even a software update would do any good. You may want to wait for the second or third production run for them to fix it. Other than that, I thought it was a really nice tablet.

Prof Chuck X

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I did a quick review of a few tablets I've tried in another post. My only real issue with the ATIV is the dock connector. Mine would connect and disconnect constantly. Just the slightest movement would cause it to disconnect. I found a couple other reviews that said the same thing, so I think its a build quality issue. Not sure even a software update would do any good. You may want to wait for the second or third production run for them to fix it. Other than that, I thought it was a really nice tablet.

This. Overall, the build quality surprised me a bit; it seemed like most of it was good, with a couple of deal-breaker flaws, the hinge being the most prominent. Trackpad was kind of goofy, too. Felt a bit loose. I'm taking mine back today and holding out for the hp envy, as much as I hate the thought of giving them my money...

Net.Metro

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I have one for 2 weeks already. Coming from Acer iconia w500, I can say it is a good improvement on all areas, such as weight, speed, build, battery life, heat issue and etc. The only noteable issue with it is wifi disconnect, but it had been resolved with using Levona driver as suggested with reviewers on Amazon. I do not find keyboard disconnect issue as like others. It is not a deal breaker for me. Any kb not connected well can be resolved by taking it out of the slot and re-insert, and I do not encounter very often. The other best things that this samsung model have and the other not having are full size usb slot and s-pen. S-pen is very accurate and very pen like in use. Adobe photoshop, dreamweaver, in-design and MS office 2013 all load up fast and run well. I am pleased with the performance with this tiny processor.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)