Hey everyone. I've been around reading most of the posts for a while and finally decided to make my own. With all of the tablets that are coming out or have been announced/delayed/etc., I'm trying to make sense of what I may or may not want to get after the holidays. I figured any input would be great. I love the construction of the RT but want to have the ability to run windows apps as well. I don't want to shell out over $1200 for the Surface Pro (including keyboard and office) when it is released. I don't need a ton of processing power and have been looking at the Pro versions running on Atom; partly due to the extended battery life PLUS legacy windows apps opportunities. Everything that I have seen has some sort of a flaw that has kept me from the "Ohhh, I have to have that one" feeling. I like the Vivotab with docking keyboard. I'm concerned about the 11.6" form factor as a tablet. It might be just a bit unwieldy in tablet mode (I have seen this in some of the Ativ Smart PC reviews). The Vivotab smart looks interesting but the unattached bluetooth keyboard and lack of a digitizer turned me off there. The same with the Thinkpad 2. The keyboard dock leaves little to be desired in my opinion (for what I'm looking at).
    In my mind, I would like the Surface Pro with the Atom processor, smart cover, and digitizer. If I could find this in the $800 range I would be all in.
    12-19-2012 09:05 AM
    I'm trying to make up my mind also. I'm stuck between 3. Asus Vivo Tab, not sure if it comes with keyboard for $799 on Microsoft store.com. Lenovo Thinkpad Tab2, or the Samsung Ativ 500T with keyboard. I've seen some bad reviews for this one and reading other threads here it's kind of a theme.
    12-19-2012 06:27 PM
    The ASUS Vivo Tab does comes with the keyboard dock at the Microsoft store for $799
    nottechsmart likes this.
    12-20-2012 07:13 AM
    If it wasn't for the crappy keyboard dock, I think that i would go with the Thinkpad 2. 64GB with wifi, digitizer and a pen for $679 on their website. If they had a keyboard dock similar to the one that Asus and Samsung have used, I think I would be all in as it looks like everything I'm looking for with a reasonable price point. Maybe at CES there will be some announcements of upcoming tablets/convertibles that will strike my fancy or maybe Microsoft will go the same route as Lenovo and add the ability to customize the surface to suit my likings.
    12-20-2012 09:56 AM
    The ASUS Vivo Tab does comes with the keyboard dock at the Microsoft store for $799
    Actually, it doesnt. They are listed separately, tablet here Buy ASUS VivoTab TF810C Tablet Computer - Microsoft Store Online, and keyboard here Buy ASUS TF810C Tablet Docking Station - versatile docking station with increased battery life and keyboard - Microsoft Store Online. They are shown together in the promo pics but are not bundled for $799.
    12-20-2012 12:00 PM
    Actually, it doesnt. They are listed separately, tablet here Buy ASUS VivoTab TF810C Tablet Computer - Microsoft Store Online, and keyboard here Buy ASUS TF810C Tablet Docking Station - versatile docking station with increased battery life and keyboard - Microsoft Store Online. They are shown together in the promo pics but are not bundled for $799.
    Ouch! That's pretty steep. Well if anybody can suggest one that'd be great. I like the full HD of the Acer but it's Acer and I'm unsure. I like the idea of having GPS also and the pen/digitizer. I'm open to suggestions if anybody has any.
    12-20-2012 04:55 PM
    I have the Asus VivoTab and I gotta say.. the 11.6 in is not too unweildly. I also had the Samsung Ativ 500 but returned it. That kinda was but it was heavy-ish and bulky. The asus is slim and light so while i'ts a good size, it doesn't feel awkward. Personally I love it so far. Great build quality.
    12-20-2012 09:07 PM
    Ouch! That's pretty steep. Well if anybody can suggest one that'd be great. I like the full HD of the Acer but it's Acer and I'm unsure. I like the idea of having GPS also and the pen/digitizer. I'm open to suggestions if anybody has any.
    If you look around you can get the tablet and dock cheaper from other retailers.
    12-20-2012 11:35 PM