Official Must Have Windows Store Apps (x86, RT)

crisfazbear17

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: Official Must Have Apps (x86, RT)

The problem is that my tube is not free. The official youtube app is always free to watch youtube videos. I wish the official youtube app should be on UWP. but I do want to watch youtube videos on an app and it should not be buggy or crash all the time.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Is someone a bit bored in the office at WC, this thread is from 2013........................

Talk about digging up the past to make a headline.

DQuiLon

Dec 28, 2016
Visit site
For me is:

Wedge: 2.5D editor (basic cad editor) and 3D viewer. Its the only 3D program I can use on my Surface Book's Clipboard mode... all other 3D modeling software requires a mouse and keyboard for properly work.

Drawboard: Simply the best PDF editor. I use it for a class that has PDF books and I always take notes on it. It has tons of features even on the free version.

Enpass: It is a great Password manager, and one of the few that work with Windows Hello (face recog), as well with fingerprint readers of my phone... so I love the simplicity to actually get into my password vault... It also allows for files such as images to keep (low size)

Todoist: wonderful todo list organizer to help your productivity... It syncs with your phone as well.

I try to replace old x86 programs with Windows Store alternatives, and most times is hard, but some such as VLC work fairly well.

I would also recommend: Winopener, Duplicates Cleaner, SongArc, FreshPaint, Office Lens, because they are good tools to have

L0n3N1nja

Dec 22, 2016
Visit site
Only two apps I usually use are Instagram and Verizon Messages. Everything else I use a regular exe file or the web for. I still find the app store almost useless on windows and would never be able to use Windows 10S because of it.

Pandora is better on the web, Facebook is better, Netflix is better etc. Most of my games come from Steam, I use full Adobe products not the stripped down junk in the Store.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
For Desktop/tablet:
Facebook, twitter, Netflix, Instagram, Aviary's "photo Editor", Messenger, Book Viewer, treesize, crystaldiskmark, flipboard, skype

For mobile:
Slimsocial, tubecast, book viewer, Netflix, office lens, runtastic, WhatsApp, authenticator, jack of tools pro, skype, timber, fantasia painter, lastpass, notify mi band, Pandora,
qr scanner, torrex, video 360

Games for mobile: asphalt airborn 8, leo's fortune, shadow fight 2, dues ex go, lara croft go, prune, dream machine, hitman go, machaniarium, tiny troopers, freeblade, the two halo games, relic run, poly and the marble maze, modern combat 4 and 5

For tablet, games: limbo (and for apps, same as desktop, but they are even more handy).

Side note: most of those games can be fun on a desktop too for casual gaming, and unfortunately for tablet, there's a handful of touch friendly games that are not in the store, specifically trine 2, shadowrun returns series, civilisation (everything after 5), calvino noir, the room series, legend of grimrock 1 and 2.

If you combine the above games, with the mobile games, you get a pretty great selection. But you have to get each on from the right place- for example, if you get leo's fortune from steam, its not touch friendly. Same with machinarium. But with trine 2, you specifically need the steam version. It's very frustrating, unless you have someone save you the headaches. I wrote this awhile back for the purpose:

http://tap-that.co.nz/blog/2017/03/22/25-best-touch-games-for-windows-tablets/

Last edited:

ariez84

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
I need a new email app. The win10 email app is such an embarrassment. Great apps on iOS, android, (Outlook) and us Windows people get to use that crap app. Pasting something from EDGE takes like 10 seconds with that stupid "PASTING" screen....and whats even worse is that it paste old stuff from the clipboard and not the current recently copied texts. Microsoft...just give up on Windows and become an android company. That is clearly your goal, so just stop developing and making apps like this. Focus on Google's platform and give up on the windows platform.

digitaldd

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Since no one has mentioned it I have used the Slack (beta) app for a few years even though it hasn't been updated on Windows Phone. I use it in a browser on the desktop though.

Splat60

Apr 26, 2017
Visit site

Le Monde, Poki, tunein, whatsapp, translator, buses due - everyday use
maps sat nav, parkopedia, kobo, microsoft pocket magnifier, pocket convertor - useful

Malleable69

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site

For my phone I found that Foxit is MUCH better than Adobe, or any other PDF reader. I was getting all kinds of issues trying to open up PDFs.
Documents would load incredibly slow. Some pages would be missing txt or images. Sometimes Adobe, and other apps, would crash.
That all ended with Foxit. Stuff loads up incredibly fast. I don't have missing images or txt. I use the free version.

Mal

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos