New to Windows 8 - Tablet in the Mail

mstrblueskys

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey Guys - I'm replacing my Asus Transformer with an Asus Vivo on Friday! I am going to be brand new to this Windows 8 stuff. I am wondering if you who have gone before me have any advice to get this thing to be as useful (Asus eful?) as possible, that would be great! Apps, settings, etc... you name it, I want to know what you are using! I do have an Xbox, if that makes any difference.

Thanks and I'm glad to be joining this community!

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Welcome! What made you decide to replace your Asus Transformer with the Vivo? Is that the VivoTab RT or VivoTab Smart...or?

mstrblueskys

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Welcome! What made you decide to replace your Asus Transformer with the Vivo? Is that the VivoTab RT or VivoTab Smart...or?

Thanks! I went with the Vivo RT. The reason I went with the Vivo is because for a brief time I had an HTC Arrive on Sprint and thought it was a much better operating system than Android. Android seems very messy and disorganized to me. The reason I stuck with Asus was because the transformer was my favorite piece of technology I have ever owned even though I didn't enjoy the OS that much. I loved the battery life the dock gave me and the fact that I can use it like a laptop. Since I'm not always using it on a flat surface, the Surface didn't make too much sense to me. I also have purchased Windows 8 for the PC I built - I just haven't had time to install it.

The final factor was I could pick it up for 460 from tigerdirect with the keyboard bundled. I anticipate being very happy with the system.

TigerDirect New Tablet.PNG

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven