Crysis 3 on the upcoming Razer Edge Tablet with Windows 8

Crysis 3 legit running on a tablet - YouTube
    02-27-2013 04:26 PM
    No lie, this thing looks wicked-awesome. I'll have to keep an eye out for a Haswell refresh in the latter part of the year, though I admit I'll probably never get once since I might be looking at a new Xbox at Christmas instead. Impressive that this thing can handle it, but I also have a vendetta against EA--I refuse to buy from them since their Online Pass stuff started.

But really, an impressive piece of hardware from Razer, and I like it a lot. They'll need to manage decent battery life while playing games to convince me to get it. One hour while playing a game just won't cut it, while 2 hours (their alleged time with the extended battery) is pushing the low-end of what I'd deem acceptable. I get it's not their fault, and that this takes some SERIOUS power to pull off, but it's still going to take more to get me to throw $1,000+ at it.

I think my IDEAL device, though, would be if Microsoft pulled one of these off as a portable experience for their next console. One thing that has me leery about PC gaming is leaving my Xbox LIVE profile (which is about to turn 10) behind.
    02-27-2013 06:42 PM
    I'd imagine this game running on medium settings, 1280x720 at best. The latest v1.1 patch for Crysis 3 added major optimizations and stability for MEDIUM graphics settings. However, this game still looks slick on medium settings and considering it's a tablet it's still impressive.
    03-04-2013 09:41 AM
    good luck with that. doesn't this defeat the purpose of Crysis - to punish your machine and have the most awesomest graphics ever? I'm all for tablet gaming, but - imho - this is where the line blurs from PC gaming to console & handheld. I'd rather have the ease of loading games from the app store & XBL on a tablet rather than have to rig it up like PC.

That and I don't know if it would be possible for me to play Crysis without 3D :-)
    03-04-2013 11:52 AM
    I suppose you could look at it this way: when you're away from your pc with a tablet, would you rather be playing a casual game or Crysis 3? I can personally see times when a casual game is great, but if I could play games of the Crysis calibre I'd choose them 9 times out of 10
    03-04-2013 12:19 PM