i need help with picking a tablet

origr15

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi everybody!

I'm in a bit of a dilemma , i really want a windows 8 tablet (pro not rt because of it being able to only run ie10) but i must compare it to the asus transformer pad infinity which one if not the best tablets out there .
My problem is that i hate apple but i want a good screen with a 1080p resolution , all the windows 8 tablets out there are with such a low resolution that if i pinch zoom even a little bit it pixelates ...
The only tablet that i could find that would fit my infinity standart is the transformer book it's not out yet , and with the i5 or i7 it will cost ... and will be heavy ... and be 13 inch screen..

So my question is - is there a windows 8 tablet out there that can beat the infinity (this is not windows vs android thing ... i like windows 8 much much better) ?

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
What are going to be your uses for it? It really is hard to beat an iPad unless you have specific needs. I had a surface rt and transformer, and I have a nexus 7, fire hd, iPad mini. The Mini has by far been my favorite.

Do you need a full computer in your tablet?

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I think HP has a very nice laptop with a detachable screen, released a few months ago. Got great reviews etcetera as far as i know... Sorry for the unspecific advice :/

aviragvishwas

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Get a Lenevo thinkpad. It will fulfill all your tablet and PC needs. Trust me it's great. There are many thinkpad of Lenevo, so choose accordingly. See its reviews in web. Best of luck.

origr15

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Im not looking for a laptop , im looking for a tablet like the infinity with a keyboard dock , yet has at least the same powers as the infinity , is there any?

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Lenovo Helix if you need a full power convertible device

no device is going to have the form factor and screen resolution you are asking for and be cheap

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Keep in mind, one of the OP's criteria is a 1080p display. Having owned a ThinkPad Tablet 2, I can tell you the screen is decent, but not great when compared to full HD. I would say the w700 is one the right track, as is the Surface Pro, but both seem to be out of his price range. The new 11" Yoga with full Windows 8 (not RT) will be out in June at $799; that might fit the bill, even though it's not a true tablet form.

Right now, it will be tough to find a full Windows 8 tablet with a 1080p display without spending $1,000. I think prices will start to come down as manufacturers realize the current pricing structure is not competitive.

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Im not looking for a laptop , im looking for a tablet like the infinity with a keyboard dock , yet has at least the same powers as the infinity , is there any?
A keyboard plus a tablet you can attach is the same as a laptop with a detatchable touchscreen... They are the same thing.

origr15

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Actually the lenovo ideapad lynx sounds good even though it doesn't have 1080p display the review does say the display is good!

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I suggest the Surface Pro or the Dell XPS 12. The XPS 12 is such an amazing design with a cool design. I suggest that, but the surface is Microsoft made and has a cool design. Your choice. Both have great specs.

Oh, and the XPS 12 has options to get an i7 and 256GB of storage on dell.com.

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't get Apple-hate , but I have to recommend you an iPad 4 because its the only "finished" product in the market .Even lot of people who carried Android phones got samsung tabs and android tablets but they all sold their android tablets and got iPad 2/3/4's and all felt positively (yes some of them are also anti-apple)

Android tablets and Windows 8 tablets are still not very polished experience as of this year.

These are the issues you would face :
1.Android tablets of any kind : They lag and even browsing a simple page triggers lag (if u are iOS/WP user , you would notice it) and apps are pathetic.Sure , you can have fun in open world but after a while , You feel the need of polished and optimized apps.
2.iPad : Good at lot of things (probably the best) but you need iTunes and its a closed platform but you have countless number of QUALITY apps and games but again a closed platform like i said.
3.W8 : More powerful and More functional but issues everywhere being first gen devices

So , either wait for next sweep of windows tablets to arrive or get an iPad/Nexus 10

Screen Quality of iPad is extremely good.It still has the best screen on par with Nexus 10.

If u want a great screen , only good ones i can recommend are Nexus 10 or iPad 3/4 , remaining all won't come close on long term.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Forgot the important part, the Dell XPS 12 is available in Israel. I found it on Dell Israel (English version).

XPS 12 Convertible 12" Touch Ultrabook Details | Dell

The XPS 12 is absolutely gorgeous if you have the money for it.

But from the OP it really does sound like you are describing the Surface Pro. Its a tablet form factor that snaps into a keyboard dock. Full HD PC with a stylus and Windows 8. If you want to spend more money and get an incredible tablet that is also an incredible laptop go for the XPS 12. I really think those are your best choices!

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
The XPS 12 is absolutely gorgeous if you have the money for it.

But from the OP it really does sound like you are describing the Surface Pro. Its a tablet form factor that snaps into a keyboard dock. Full HD PC with a stylus and Windows 8. If you want to spend more money and get an incredible tablet that is also an incredible laptop go for the XPS 12. I really think those are your best choices!

He is asking for these good specs on a tablet/convertible, and those are this price. So yep, expensive, but SO worth it if you have the money.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss