Can HP Envy x2 download torrents?

ADayAsALion

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm not very tech savvy, but I'm in the process of buying a hybrid tablet. The one that has caught my eye the most is the HP Envy x2. Most of what I do is web browse, video watch and download torrents. And i'm just wondering if it's even possible to download a torrent client like utorrent or bittorent on the Envy? I know it's suppose to be able to download almost any program like a regular computer, but was just wondering if this was one of the programs it can't download.

Oh, and also i read something about the wireless card not being able to handle too much data? is this true? is there a small wireless cap?

Thanks guys!

woodbane

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm not very tech savvy, but I'm in the process of buying a hybrid tablet. The one that has caught my eye the most is the HP Envy x2. Most of what I do is web browse, video watch and download torrents. And i'm just wondering if it's even possible to download a torrent client like utorrent or bittorent on the Envy? I know it's suppose to be able to download almost any program like a regular computer, but was just wondering if this was one of the programs it can't download.

Oh, and also i read something about the wireless card not being able to handle too much data? is this true? is there a small wireless cap?

Thanks guys!

Its running full Windows so of course it will be able to download and run a program like utorrent. Some people have complained of a weak WiFi antenna but I myself haven't had any issues. I do believe that due to the low power requirements of the Intel Atom chipset that the WiFi antenna is only capable of a max speed of 54mbs. But seriously, that's faster than most peoples internet bandwidth anyways so what's the big deal?
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

ADayAsALion

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Its running full Windows so of course it will be able to download and run a program like utorrent. Some people have complained of a weak WiFi antenna but I myself haven't had any issues. I do believe that due to the low power requirements of the Intel Atom chipset that the WiFi antenna is only capable of a max speed of 54mbs. But seriously, that's faster than most peoples internet bandwidth anyways so what's the big deal?
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

Awesome! Thank you for the info you've answered all my questions. The 50mbs cap is exactly what i heard and i thought the same thing, since the average connection speed is 10mbs anyways.

Ridemyscooter86

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Awesome! Thank you for the info you've answered all my questions. The 50mbs cap is exactly what i heard and i thought the same thing, since the average connection speed is 10mbs anyways.

that and you probably won't even get 10mbps while torrenting anyways, but I have an hp envy x2 and it does torrenting just fine. I don't have any antenna issues, but I could just have been a lucky one, my wifi connections always seem perfectly fine to me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99