Acer Iconia W3-810 sale at Office Depot

Beacio_mo

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Very tempting for a portable tablet. Amazon has the 32GB for $279 and I have some gift cards as well.

Has anyone tried syncing your Windows Phone with the W3? I assume it should work. I'd love to be able to connect my phone to the W3 to show others my pictures on a larger screen without worrying about the slow data connection at my families houses.

Last edited:

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Very tempting for a portable tablet. Amazon has the 32GB for $279 and I have some gift cards as well.

Has anyone tried syncing your Windows Phone with the W3? I assume it should work. I'd love to be able to connect my phone to the W3 to show others my pictures on a larger screen without worrying about the slow data connection at my families houses.

With all due respect, I had to laugh when I saw "syncing Windows Phone" because of the mess their sync apps are in, especially music. Don't get me wrong, I am all in with the Windows Ecosystem but syncing has been a nightmare. With that said, it should work but you'll need an adapter for the Micro USB port it has.

3DPiper

Dec 13, 2008
Visit site
I saw one of these at Office Depot today and immediately thought of my 10 year old son.. Would this be a good fit for him?

His current computer use is:

- surf the web
- watch youtube videos
- watch movies from the family computer
- play online games (wizards101, etc)
- play offline games (bad piggies, etc)
- play emulator games (NES, SNES, etc)

He currently has a Dell Inspiron Mini 10 netbook, but he got aggravated with it when he couldn't play some games
because of the screen resolution (can't play wizards 101).. I don't think he will care about the screen resolution since
his netbook resolution is pretty low anyway..

I think he would love this tablet, but would it work with all he wants to do? Has anyone played some online games?

Beacio_mo

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
With all due respect, I had to laugh when I saw "syncing Windows Phone" because of the mess their sync apps are in, especially music. Don't get me wrong, I am all in with the Windows Ecosystem but syncing has been a nightmare. With that said, it should work but you'll need an adapter for the Micro USB port it has.

I know what you mean, I remember when I had my Lumia 900 how bad it was. Just wondering though if on a trip in a pinch if this tablet could sync if needed but definitely won't be my main computer lol. Thanks for the info!

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
I know what you mean, I remember when I had my Lumia 900 how bad it was. Just wondering though if on a trip in a pinch if this tablet could sync if needed but definitely won't be my main computer lol. Thanks for the info!

The Lumia 900 at least had the Zune software and that was heaven compared to the syncing nightmare now.

But back to the subject at hand, the W3, even with the bad screen, has been tempting but I bet we see some amazing devices by October.

raccoon210

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
One of my friends has one of these and he brought it out in class the other day. It was a really impressive design with how it goes into the back of the keyboard and everything

Francoenlanoche

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Didnt believe any of you guys about how horrible the screen is, but i gotta say from now on i will trust you guys with all my heart, i almost cry while i was watching the performance of screen on the w3 on a microsoft store two days ago, im pretty sure the tablet get the work done but hell that screen remind me of younger times

agp101

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
The screen is absolutely horrible. It looks like there's a really bad matte screen protector on it at all times. For $250 (32gb model) I'd buy it as is.... But not at $300. I really wanted this thing as I need a portable windows system and this runs real windows 8, but the screen is really that bad and I can't justify the price for its quality. I'm waiting for other 8 inchers to come out but chances are if Acer can't get it cheaper, other can't as well.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Hang in there guys! I'm sure there will be more 7-8" Windows 8 tablets once 8.1 is RTM. I know it's silly to say "wait, something better is coming out soon" when talking technology, but in this case it really applies.

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Hang in there guys! I'm sure there will be more 7-8" Windows 8 tablets once 8.1 is RTM. I know it's silly to say "wait, something better is coming out soon" when talking technology, but in this case it really applies.

Yes...I've been SO tempted (even by a Nexus 7) to get a longer battery life tablet to compliment my Surface Pro...thought about a current RT...but I think patience will pay off here...and may be good on the pocket book too!

Ridemyscooter86

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
apparently I read somewhere that Lenovo is going to come out with a 8" windows 8 tablet ( I think its called the miix). Lets hope that its a better product because if MS needs anything, they need a good 7-8" tablet that's relatively cheap ~250-300$.

Goldchamp

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm not seeing the screen issues you guys are talking about. I got this to give my wife my ipad mini and although i know its screen isn't awesome both my kids have Nexus 7's. The screen isn't that bad for a 8" portable windows tab. For $279 it was an absolute steal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb