I bought a Yoga 2 10" Windows tablet

scgf

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm in the UK and couldn't find this tablet & keyboard anywhere. I ended up purchasing from Amazon France. The total cost was ?253. I previously had a Surface 2, but with Windows RT being discontinued I decided I wanted a tablet with a Windows 10 future.

I love this tablet. The screen resolution is higher than the Surface 2 and battery life claimed to be 15 hours (obviously somewhat less in the real world). I was thinking of the Surface 3, but reading reviews and forum comments about the sort of use people are putting it to I felt it would be way over the top for me. I use my desktop PC for anything serious and a tablet for browsing, emails, Netflix and light use while sitting on the sofa. The Yoga 2 has a nice form factor and is pretty fast with its Atom processor - faster than the Surface 2 without a doubt. In fact, opening apps like Word, Excel etc. it is faster than my Intel i3 desktop machine.

My baseline was HD screen resolution. Most cheaper tablets with an Atom processor have a much lower ppi than the Yoga.

It seems to happen a lot that France gets things earlier than the UK - my first Lumia 930 was from France, the Denim update for the 930 came out first in France, now the Lenovo Yoga 2. The keyboard is AZERTY layout but I set up the UK keyboard when I set it up, and physically switched a few keys around. The others I put keyboard stickers on.

Tom Snyder

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I got a Windows Yoga 2 13" for my wife this Christmas never have really set a timer but the battery, it last unbelievable very long time she only charges it about once a week. And the screens are unbelievable as well, I installed Microsoft Enterprise " business version of office" it does run programs quickly as you said.

sawo

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
At last few days I'm thinking v. serious about buying this hybrid.
And I'm 90% sure, that it's the best choice for me. But this 10%... it is Asus T90 Chi.
Well... it has only HD screen, no touchpad, no microHDMI, and I'd have to wait for it about 1-2 months.
Yoga at this points is much better. But i'm afraid, that for traveling with this tablets (because i will not use it at home. sometimes in work, sometimes in travel, etc.), Asus could be better, with 9 inch screen and more stable connection between tablet and keyboard.
How good (or bad) is with this Yoga's portability? Is it heavy for longer using in hand? Can it be not so comfortable to carrry on? Is it annoying, that keyboard can "slide" on tablet, when it's closed?
Btw. Sorry for my english ;). And thanks for info

Tom Snyder

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
At last few days I'm thinking v. serious about buying this hybrid.
And I'm 90% sure, that it's the best choice for me. But this 10%... it is Asus T90 Chi.
Well... it has only HD screen, no touchpad, no microHDMI, and I'd have to wait for it about 1-2 months.
Yoga at this points is much better. But i'm afraid, that for traveling with this tablets (because i will not use it at home. sometimes in work, sometimes in travel, etc.), Asus could be better, with 9 inch screen and more stable connection between tablet and keyboard.
How good (or bad) is with this Yoga's portability? Is it heavy for longer using in hand? Can it be not so comfortable to carrry on? Is it annoying, that keyboard can "slide" on tablet, when it's closed?
Btw. Sorry for my english ;). And thanks for info

I can not answer for the 10" model ours is a 13" and once Keyboard is closed it really doesn't slide around that much. But once you open it it will not stay physically connected to the table unless maybe you have it setting on a desk or table. It is very annoying they should have designed a latch so you could use it like a small laptop on you lap if needed.

And several people me included had trouble with the Bluetooth keyboard staying wireless connection and Lenovo sent me a new one and in the first Windows update there were 2 updated Bluetooth drivers and the keyboard works good now. As for weight and size the battery tube on the bottom is probably over half the weight and twice as thick as the tablet, the tablet itself is about the size of a spiral notebook, really thin and battery tube is the thick part, the keyboard is very light and thin.

scgf

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Having said that, the battery tube is great for holding the tablet in portrait mode. Far easier to carry one handed, for example, than my old Surface 2.

For me, the keyboard is just a nice extra - I rarely use it, preferring to use the tablet just as a tablet. Last night I used it with the keyboard and a Bluetooth mouse and it worked great. One paired, both devices were rock solid.

sawo

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Can't answer that ours has the regular W 8.1 OS, same OS that is on our laptops and desktops.

I'm trying to understand, what do you mean... But no idea.
Yes, you have the same OS like anyone laptop with windows. But you can't answer me, is it 32 or 64 bit version?

Anyway... I'm interested of OS version on Yoga 2 10 inch version, and you have 13' if i'm not wrong.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro