Are you going to update your tablet to Windows 10????

Narse77

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
So I have been running W10 since the first TP. It's a huge step backwards for tablets IMO. The start screen isn't nearly as good. Most of the swipes and multitasking is gone. The taskbar in tablet mode is still there much to my dismay. The desktop users are going to love it, if not for universal apps and Xbox one streaming I would still be running 8.1 on my Surface. I really don't understand MS sometimes.

Sicarius123

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Not really all that keen with charms gone, as well as no real touch browser. But the functional updates over 8 are huge, such as the mail and calendar apps. Seems one step forward two steps back, I mean, I can now stream my Xbox to my tablet, but I can't send music/playlist from groove music to my Xbox anymore.

Yusuf Adriansyah

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone tried windows 10 with Lenovo Miix 3? I know i'm a minority here thanks to Microsoft's awesome decision not to sell Surface in my poor country (indonesia).
The GWX upgrade assistant said "you might not be able to factory reset after installing Windows 10" so if the installation fails, can you roll back to windows 8.1 or does your tablet become an baking tray?

Roy Khoh

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
Windows 8/8.1 was more user friendly to tablet/touch users.
Windows 10 requires me to move my hands and regrip the tablet a lot more to perform common tasks.

Still sticking with 10 for compatibility going forward.
On a Dell Venue 8 Pro (5830) and it's fine, so the Dell Venue 11 should be good. Dell Support site has updated to show Windows 10 drivers a day ago.

Kadcidxa

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site

pookiewood

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
No way! I will not be updating my DV8P to Win10. I did on my tablet but to me they striped all of the Win8/8.1 goodness to appease the, "We hate Windows 8." people. It's a HUGE step backwards for Tablets. Think of the features MS brought to the table for Windows Tablets like charms, swiping between apps, swipe down to close, swipe up for settings, etc. I'd be a fool to give that up! No thanks!!

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I updated my Toshiba Encore 2 to W10 and had nothing but problems. Sync stopped working with OneDrive and the OS felt more sluggish. I refreshed the tablet multiple times but it still didn't feel quite like W8.1 Now I have a yoga 2 with 8.1 and I very much doubt I'll update to 10 unless I absolutely have to. W8.1 feels like and, IMO, is a more tablet friendly OS. Plus being able to swipe backward and forward in Metro IE11 - priceless.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers