Lenovo Tech Support sucks

bsayegh

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I bought a Lenovo Flex 3 in April when they had some sale going. Its like a slightly less impressive Yoga 3 with a bigger screen. cumbersome as a tablet, but it has the 360 degree flexibility that should be fairly future-proof when it comes to Windows 10.

It worked well for about a month and then it started blue screening. All. Of. The. Time. I am a technical person and knew some tricks to try to figure out what the issue was, but I could never figure anything out. Just that it was related to 1 or more drivers. Otherwise I wasn't sure.

I called Lenovo and explained everything that I had tried, including resetting to factory settings. They, of course, made me do it all again. That was a pain in the ****. In the end, as expected, they said I had to send it in for them to fix. I asked them if they would confirm that it was fixed before sending it back because I have had several instances of tech support sending me back broken hardware (my ps3 was send back broken twice...). They said it would be thoroughly tested.

So I sent it out. It took about 2 weeks to get back to me. I open the laptop, turn it on, set up my account, and about 20 minutes later it blue screens. I figured maybe it was just a fluke, so I didn't do anything about it. 2 days later im in blue screen hell. Cant have the thing open for 30 minutes without it restarting. I called Lenovo and they said they were undergoing maintenance so i need to call them tomorrow at 3 PM.

So yeah, now ill go another 2 weeks without this thing and not even know if they are going to fix it. I don't even know if a brand new laptop would be any batter. Seems like it worked for a while so im guessing a driver update caused it, but I uninstalled every recent update i could find and it didn't help.

Anyone ever have a GOOD experience with tech support from a company? Im kind of just venting here. Need to know there is a reason to have faith in the world.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Tech Support sucks

I'm not sure why you've posted this in the Windows Phone section.

Hence why it's been moved to the right place.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site

I have a Lenovo laptop. It's the Flex 2, not 3, but I have had issues with Blue screen as well.

Here's what I discovered about it.

1. Whenever I used the power modes "preinstalled" for Lenovo's Energy Manager, it would have issues with Blue screens. When I would use the ones that I know come as MS presets, there were no issues.
2. When I uninstalled the "Energy Manager", I got a notice that the energy management drivers were not compatible with that version of Windows, and it prompted me to update. It reinstalled Lenovo Energy Manager. This time, I used Revo Uninstaller Pro and got rid of the malware. No Blue Screens since that time.

Not sure if this is your issue, but it was mine. Started off small. One or two BSOD per week, then they started coming so often I couldn't get anything done. None since that final uninstall. I'm just using the Power Manager that comes with Windows 8.1, and I'm getting along just fine.

I had to uninstall several Lenovo Support apps as well, as they wanted to check my drivers and reinstall stuff for me, so you may have to get rid of additional bloatware.

I believe you may be experiencing Lenovo software issues as opposed to actual hardware problem. Can't be sure without directly testing your system, but it was my issue.

Sorry for your pain. I understand. I've been there in the past.

Hope this is helpful after you get your device returned to you.

bsayegh

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site

Wasn't expecting an actual solution! I will have to try that. I uninstalled a bunch of Lenovo apps (and there are tons of them). I thought maybe it was the Harmony app causing issues, but deleting that didn't help. Ill try uninstalling the Lenovo Energy Manager and let you know. Don't have the laptop on me since im at work but am interested to see if this helps. Thanks!

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site

No guarantees that will fix it, but it is easier to at least attempt it than to send it back again, eh?

bsayegh

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site

No guarantees that will fix it, but it is easier to at least attempt it than to send it back again, eh?

Absolutely. They told me that someone from their Management department would call me within 3 days to give me my options. Hopefully this solves the problem and I don't have to deal with it anymore.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo