Got a T450s from company, sell Yoga 2 Pro ?

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Since I got a ThinkPad T450s from my work a couple of months ago, I rarely use my Yoga 2 Pro. It's an awesome device (i7 4500U, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD), but I'm thinking of selling it.

If I leave my job, I guess I could ask to buy the T450s or just get something else. I also have a desktop PC. OS on each is irrelevant; I can put whatever I want on any of them.

Just looking for input from others. Thanks.

Last edited:

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I always feel strange about using company owed property for personal reasons. Id keep it if it was me.

Yeah, definitely something to consider, and not a line I would have crossed in the past. I've considered an exception this time only because

- I work remotely 100%, but I don't login to a VPN. Everything I access is in the cloud.
- My computer is never scanned/backed-up by my work. That's all on me.
- If I need to do anything really personal ;) I can just RDC/TeamViewer to another computer

There are limitations. I guess I need to make sure I'm OK with them.

Jack Neill

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, definitely something to consider, and not a line I would have crossed in the past. I've considered an exception this time only because

- I work remotely 100%, but I don't login to a VPN. Everything I access is in the cloud.
- My computer is never scanned/backed-up by my work. That's all on me.
- If I need to do anything really personal ;) I can just RDC/TeamViewer to another computer

There are limitations. I guess I need to make sure I'm OK with them.

My last company gave me a pretty nice Elite Book and iPad and iPhone, and I never use any of it for anything not work related. Not that I care if they monitored anything I did, its just I want my privacy respected.

Sounds like you're going to be pretty independent from Big Brother though.

pseudoware

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
My last company gave me a pretty nice Elite Book and iPad and iPhone, and I never use any of it for anything not work related. Not that I care if they monitored anything I did, its just I want my privacy respected.

Sounds like you're going to be pretty independent from Big Brother though.

Nice!

After some googling, I'm gonna give this some more thought. Part of the motivation is to cash in on the Y2P while it still has value. But I shouldn't take anything for granted on my work machine. I'd likely boot up Linux on a USB for personal surfing, etc., but I need to consider how much I want to deal w/that, as well as the limitations.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss