Which 10" Windows tablet do you own?

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
HP Pavilion X2 10-n113DX. I got it on sale for 224 on Christmas Eve. I came from having an Android tablet and well.... I've come to the realization that Android tablets suck (Which I came to that realization a couple years ago actually.) I was trying to find a relatively inexpensive Windows Tablet with a good form factor. I don't need a Surface as I already have desktops, laptops, etc... Just something light, portable, with a nice form factor. Something I can take in the car, carry to a friend's, use for browsing around the house, etc. It was love at first site. So far, I'm really happy with this purchase. It is what I always wanted my netbook or my tablet to be. The best of both worlds really. They really upped the build quality on this IMO. The magnetic hinges are the simplest thing imaginable and I'm surprised everybody isn't doing this.

View attachment 119920

Looks like you got a really good deal.

MillionMonks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm using Cherry Mobile MAIA Smart Tab.

It is a dual booth between Android and Windows 10.

My only problem is, 32GB is partitioned between Android and Windows. Then those partitioned spaces will be taken by the OS themselves. In the end I have around 8GB left for my Windows and Android.

I brought a 64GB memory card but both OS (windows 10 on tablet) and KitKat won't allow me to install apps to my external card. Sucks.

Elitewolf

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
FWIW... My tablet is a Nokia Lumia 2520 running Windows RT 8.1.

I think it was a great value. I bought in this past spring or summer for about $130. After accessories maybe closer to $200. I added a Poetic Folio case, Fintie Bluetooth keyboard, Microsoft Arc Bluetooth mouse and a cable kit that includes micro 3.0 to full size 3.0 USB adapter and a screen protector..

Why do I like it?

I'm not a power tablet user. The hardware is basically a 1520 phone with a Full HD 10.1" screen. The battery life of the 8120 mAh battery is phenomenal and it charges stupid fast. The screen is crisp and very easy on the eyes. Expandable SD slot is always a must and the SIM tray is a bonus at the price these have fallen to. Office 2013 on the tablet is yours for life. How much is that worth?

I'm not an App-a-holic and the RT platform is fine by me. I can consume media, waste time with some games... And if I need a light rig to take on the road, I'm all set. I can be pretty productive on the 2520.

The update to a 10 style Start Menu makes the device feel similar enough to my laptop that I don't have to change habits when I use it. That was a big improvement when it came this past fall.

My only regret? No pen support. I did have a Dell Venue 8 Pro awhile back and the pen was nice. I never did too much with it other than as a lightweight mouse substitute though. When I got my 1520, the 6" screen kind of made the 8" Dell a bit redundant and I gave it up. Still a pen is a nice toy on occasion.

If you don't want to break the bank and you are looking for a more casual rig, IMHO a gently used 2520 is still a viable option.
Nokia Lumia 2520 - Full tablet specifications

That tablet looks awesome I wish it were possible to flash windows 10 mobile on it.

winplusR

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
Well honestly, I don't have a Windows Tablet, I only have a phone which is a Nokia X2. I am thinking about getting a tablet. Any recommendation, specs, size etc? What are the advantages and what are your experience about them? Thanks

skstrials

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I got a Dell Venue 11 Pro 5130

PROS:
- Price: I got it for $500. This tablet includes a full windows copy and a 1080p screen. At $500, I would have only gotten a Surface 2 RT 32gb for the same price. Comparing Windows RT and dull windows, I had to go for the full Windows at the same price.
- Reliability: For a cheap $500 tablet, it has been very reliable. I have had full size laptops that die on me within two years.
- Removable battery: This is one of the few tablets in the market with a removable battery. This means that I could stick a new battery in when the current battery wears out. With other tablets, you would have to pay someone to disassemble the unit, or take the entire tablet apart yourself for a simple battery swap.
- Battery life: There is a battery keyboard that boosts the battery life of the tablet by 4 hours. With the 8 hours of battery life with the tablet itself. The tablet with the battery keyboard can be a true battery monster.

CONS:
- Edge Browser: With Windows 10 update, I have been having some mouse lags with the Edge browser. But there are other excellent browsers like Opera that I am using instead.
- Micro SD slot: I need a pin tool to get it in and out. So it is hard to use the a lot regularly.
- Speakers: While the quality is quite nice, I do not find the volume to be enough. Although, I have not had any other tablets, so this might be the norm for tablets.

Other than that, I am very satisfied with this tablet. So much so that I have recommended this to my mom and my girl friend.

Posted via the Windows Central App for BlackBerry 10

Old_Mil

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
I have tried a couple without success I am afraid. The first, a fusion 5 had a screen defect (dead pixels) and went back. The second, an Onda V919 Air seems to develop random lines that stretch from edge to edge of the screen, and perpendicular to both.

Guessing both are hardware defects?

Also can't seem to get the wireless on the Onda to see my WiFi (though the rest of our Windows phones and the iPad all see it fone.).

Elitewolf

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
I use a Dell Venue 11 Pro 5130 often and I really like it. I upgraded it to Windows 10 and It might be the best tablet I've ever used for my needs. They're also very affordable on Ebay nowadays. The only things I dislike are the 16:9 aspect ratio (Makes the tablet look like a giant phone in portrait mode lol) and the button placement.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit