Is my CPU fan dying?? Should I be worried??

Billy95Tech

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I have a powerful 11.6 inch Windows 8 tablet Acer Iconia W700 the I5 core version which it requires a fan inside to keep it cool.

I have been using the tablet for nearly 2 years now especially for video editing.

But recently the CPU fan is not turning on when booting and from sleep mode as well, it takes a least a minute or 2 or sometimes takes a bit more longer to to get the CPU fan running again when in the home screen and when I not doing anything on my tablet the CPU fan just stops.

And I have never had this problem before until very recently, before it started happening the CPU fan always came straight back on and running again when booting the tablet up and from sleep mode and the CPU fan kept running it self, not stopping when i am not doing anything on the tablet.

So is this a sign that my CPU fan is dying?? Should I be worried??

All so since it is a tablet everything is sealed in so if I wanted to replace the CPU fan well I am out of luck unfortunately.

I have the Acer Iconia W700 the I5 core version, I am still happy with it after nearly 2 years of using it especially for video editing and bought it on Amazon and I am looking to use the tablet for a least another year(going into the start of 2017) then after I will replace it and upgrade to a way definitely more newer/sleeker and way better Windows 10 tablet/hybrid/2 in 1. :cool: :cool:

Last edited:

v535

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Maybe CPU fan has collected lot of dust over the years. If you're able to open it up or visit their authorized service centres it might solve the issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb