Are Razer laptops any good at editing?

JRafaelRdz

May 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi! I see them as very well specd machines for video editing in house or on the go, but people are always saying that razers are only good for gaming.. Is it worth it to invest in one as my only pc for video editing and casual gaming?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Pretty much any computer can do anything, the question is how well. "Gaming" computers are made with gaming in mind, but that basically means more powerful hardware and sometimes less-conservative styling. (sometimes design choices to better suit a gamer but eh)

Well, let me put it this way. I would have no problems using the Blade to type up a paper or edit photos.
If you want that much horsepower in a premium package and have no problem spending the moolah, then sure?

(except for my pickiness in computers, but that's just me)

JRafaelRdz

May 17, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the quick answer! Keep in mind that I'll be using the laptop to edit videos in premiere pro and has to be able to edit 4k flawlessly... Since i'm always moving around I want only one computer that fits my needs. In all the "top 10s" I've looked for video editing laptops, the Razer doesn't even get a mention... I don't mind paying 2000$ if said laptop can be taken anywhere and conduct "heavy" tasks like photo and video editing (Keep in mind it has to be able to edit in 4k with no real problem at all) and could also use for gaming in my free time

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I didn't even know there were laptops differentiated enough to qualify as "video editing" laptops. From my experience they fall into consumer, business and gaming categories with some overlap.

Just get something with enough horsepower under the hood in all categories - if it'll help, I'd compare the Razer's spec sheet with the dossiers of computers listed in those Top 10's you mention. I'm not familiar enough with video editing to *know* what can handle 4K or not but I imagine higher-end/top-of-the-line laptop gear should be able to handle task. Except being cheap, but figures.

JRafaelRdz

May 17, 2015
Visit site
Thanks again for your help!! I will look into it.. At the moment, razer might be the most expensive option, but the most powerful option. Let's see, I'll keep asking around! ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire