So i am looking at these two windows tablets listed here. Windows gurus, please tell me why I should choose the Windows tabs over the other Android tablets listed there? I'm hesitant now to jump from Android with all those choices =\

Thanks in advance!
    Minh Junior Dinh likes this.
    02-07-2017 01:02 AM
    What to do? All around, most of the tablets are great. Just choose the one that suits your needs. For example, watching lots of videos; good screen. Need power? Get better processors.
    02-07-2017 04:38 AM
    Or battery, that's important... don't forget about the battery (depending on your situation battery may not be important).
    02-07-2017 04:40 AM
    By the way, choosing a tablet under $100 may require some corners to be cut :( As a result, I suggest you cut the corners that are least important to you. I know, compromises suck a lot.
    02-07-2017 04:42 AM
    Do not expect to get great performance from a cheap tablet for starters, but I gather you know that.

The biggest Pro for a Windows tablet is that an Android tablet will require the manufacturer to update it, so less expensive ones will not get many security updates, while Microsoft does the software updates for Windows, regardless of the company that makes it. You will still rely on the tablet maker to update something like a WiFi chipset bug, but MS should be more secure for critical flaws.

Android will run OK on 1gb ram (if you keep running apps to a minimum) while I would want 2gb ram for Windows.
    02-07-2017 02:30 PM
    Oh, and for something around $100 dollars, (and bought through Amazon) I would get a SquareTrade accicdental protection warranty. If the tablet is $25-$100 (and is NOT a Fire), you can get this for $13.98 without a repair deductible

SquareTrade 1-Year Tablet Protection Plan

Amazon's Fire HD8 (2016) is $90 for 16gb storage, $120 for 32gb, as long as you don't mind Amazon Ads on the locksreen (which can be disabled with some hackery). It SHOULD get some security updates (Amazon can afford to keep it updated for a while) and a 2 year, no-deductible accident warranty is $14.98 for peace of mind.

If you could use an 8" screen, I would go for the latest Fire tablet and a warranty for the best experience.
    Last edited by YaSo; 02-07-2017 at 02:39 PM. Reason: typos
    02-07-2017 02:39 PM