After 8 years...

Leonel Funes

Windows 10 & Xbox Champion
Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
No, this isn't another 'after such time, I'm leaving' post. This time, it's an 'after such time, I've upgraded' post. And about time too...

For the past several years, I've had an HP Pavilion dv6 for everything. Those HP laptops that have the spirally-thing design inside and out. It was a great device for its time, but time was rough on it. The trackpad coating was wearing off, the fans would be full blast almost all the time, it was getting pretty slow, and the battery didn't hold a charge. Even then, I didn't feel like parting with it. I did, and after having Windows 10 on it (fast ring, of course), I really wanted to take advantage of it.

Behold, I am now the owner of an HP Envy x360. Same size screen (15.6"), but everything else is upgraded. I am impressed how nice this thing looks, especially tablet mode. Those big, beautiful tiles flipping everywhere. Sure it was nice before, but so much nicer now. Pen was included, which was a nice surprise since I didn't know it was part of the purchase. No Windows Hello, but not a complaint. I'll keep this puppy on Release Ring and use the Pavilion for Fast Ring testing.

It was a hard call since I was between a Surface Book, Spectre x360 or Envy x360. For the price, it's an awesome value, just over $1K with tax and stuff. If anyone out there has a PC that's starting to give in, upgrade! No matter what new Windows 10 device it is, it'll really be worth it.

PS: Rotating the screen and using the pen is the "Envy" of all MacBook users at your local coffee shop. Pun intended.

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Over a month now! How has the Envy x360 been treating you?! @leonelfunes32

It looks promising! The specs seem great, and looks like a good all-around device. :)

I definitely need to upgrade though, it's about time to set the old man free, lol. Definitely something by September-November.

Leonel Funes

Windows 10 & Xbox Champion
Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Awesome! Love hearing about purchases that people really like! Congrats

Thanks! Glad to share my story!

Over a month now! How has the Envy x360 been treating you?! @leonelfunes32

It looks promising! The specs seem great, and looks like a good all-around device. :)

I definitely need to upgrade though, it's about time to set the old man free, lol. Definitely something by September-November.

I'm really pleased with it. It takes at most about 7-10 seconds from shut down to logged in, which is MUCH better than the minute I had to wait with my old PC. It has no problem opening up programs like Photoshop or Visual Studio, let alone any UWP Apps. I had to get used to the keyboard since I never really typed on island-style before, no big deal. And even though they're silver keys on a silver PC, it's not too bad on the eyes (personally) compared to the Surface Book in store. Screen is a beauty even with 'just' a 1080p display on a 15.6" screen. Got it on Slow Ring, so I'm rocking the Creator's Update, great improvements. Battery isn't too bad either.

My biggest gripe would be the screen while being used outdoors, it's not really bright enough and it's kind of glossy, but under some shade, you should be fine.

If you have the money, get the latest HP Spectre x360, recently reviewed... If not, this makes a really great second option, at about $1,015 after tax (the newest 7th Gen i7, not 6th Gen like most other reviews).

The downside is that this looks similar enough to a MacBook (except the keyboard), that you'll have to think twice before trying to bend that screen completely back :D

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
The HP Spectre x360 will definitely come in mind!

I'll mainly need a new laptop for light Photoshop use and maybe Visual Studio as well along with some web browsing, emailing, etc... I need stuff done on the go! Lol. I'm busy and not busy at he same time.

Glad your liking it! I'm really liking the month update

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss