Which version of Windows are you running, and why?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Simple question: Which version of Windows are you running on your laptop or PC, and why? Anyone still have an old setup rocking Windows 95 or similar? lol

ladydias

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Windows 10 across the board (with the exception of one tablet that Samsung refused to update from 8.1 to 10). UWP is too good to pass up and it's the OS that works better with a touchscreen than any previous version of Windows save 8/8.1. I do still have a physical Windows 95 installation package tucked away for a rainy day if that counts. It was an amazing OS for it's time.

Oh, and I still have a couple of phones on old Windows Mobile 6.1 and 6.5 because Windows CE still counts as old Windows to me. The pocket desktop was real. :smile:

LuxuryTouringZone

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
Windows 10 Home. Not sure about the exact version, but I'm using this version because it's what it automatically updated after transitioning from Windows 8.1.

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Well... I know how much you love Mac OS James, but I completely got rid of Mac on my MacBook! lol it's an older MacBook, getting to 7-8 years old now. I at first installed Windows 7, It was really good with it running Windows, then I headed over to 8.1, It was meh, it had a fast boot time and that's all I liked about it, lol. I eventually upgraded to Windows 10 and it's running GREAT! I chose to stick with Windows 10 because it provided the right balance between stability and feel. I have very little issues with it, I got all the Apple components to work properly with Boot Camp, so I'm set! I only use 'tis ol laptop every once in a while, it's not necessarily a daily driver type laptop.
4dd6ee6d1f5815c9eec6405bc442bf8e.jpg

Last edited:

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Newest (release preview ring) build on both my L1520, and my laptop. Why? Why not, it's the best available.

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
Windows 10 and strictly because it's the most intuitive os they've had to date. Runs the best, easiest to get things done for me.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I have an older HP laptop. I'm running Windows 8.1 on it. I tried it when Windows 10 was released, but it had driver problems. Wifi was very spotty. I reverted to 8.1. It would probably work fine now on Windows 10, but since it's older I don't plan to use it too much longer so I'm not going to bother installing 10 again. I'm not sure the problems went away anyway!

I have a Macbook that has Windows 10 running via Bootcamp. Why? Just because; no other reason. :angel:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
My home laptop is on the Fast Ring. I rarely use it so I let the missus deal with the constant updating and the wonky wifi. My everyday slate is on 7 Pro and I refuse to give it up. It runs 10 very well and despite its age, every single driver is available for it. The deciding factor is Remote Desktop, it simply runs like garbage on 10 and it's near-perfect on 7. Considering my home office is 5 states away, RDP is beyond essential. Besides, I absolutely can't function without Windows Journal and 10 took it away. There's a stand-alone download available but it doesn't include the printer plug-in.

jonnob

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
Simple question: Which version of Windows are you running on your laptop or PC, and why? Anyone still have an old setup rocking Windows 95 or similar? lol

Always the latest fast insider builds (desktop Surface Book and mobile Lumia 950xl).... because Windows 10 FTW

infinidim

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Windows 10 Home or Pro on most machines. Windows Home Server on our server and yes I even have a Windows 95 laptop - for those that might remember it a Toshiba Libretto 100CT and yes it still works!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans