As the question states, are there any great laptop choices someone recommends to get for heavy workloads? Video editing, photoshop and working with game engines and 3D modeling applications are probably the only applications I'll use on it (maybe Google, but I have my phone for that, lol)

I'm fine with throwing a fat stash of money on the table but definitely NOT something with that will drain my bank account down the toilet and out into the ocean! Lol

Touchscreen would be a plus but I'm not too worried about it if its not, as I'm good with a mouse or track pad

Storage and RAM don't matter too much since they're both usually upgradable

I just need something that can get things done when I'm not near my PC or I'm out of town.
    Guytronic likes this.
    05-01-2017 07:47 PM
    No expert here.
    I did get the Acer E-15/E5-575G-53VG (no idea what those numbers are)

Seems fast with the i5 7200U and Nvidia 940MX in there.
    It's up-gradable...I slipped an extra 1 TB drive in it to help keep the SSD from filling up with crap.

I use Lightroom, DXO and a small amount of video edits on it.
    Might be worth a look for under $600.00 usd

Some people said it's a heavy notebook..I didn't think so @ 5 pounds.
    Absolutely digging the lit keyboard!

Good luck...tons of choices out there.

Here's WC's buyers guide:
    Laptop Buyer's Guide | Windows Central
    TheDarkSide1 and HeyCori like this.
    05-01-2017 08:00 PM
    I like it!

I'm looking at both the model you provided and the i7 version on Amazon and both seem very nice! I "may" end up choosing the i7 version for the slight more power for the game engine.

From the link you provided, all of the laptops are absolutely great! I'm looking at the Dell XPS 13 and the HP Spectre x360 as they both seem like great options. I'll have to do quite some digging to see all of the options since the laptop world is huge!

Also 5 pounds for the Acer laptop definitely shouldn't be an issue at all to carry around 😊
    Guytronic likes this.
    05-01-2017 10:31 PM
    Maybe the Dell XPS 15 with the GTX 1050? I don't have it, but it looks quite nice, the only issue might be the price though.
    05-05-2017 03:33 PM
    I think those five laptops below will help you with your various tasks and purposes like for gaming and video editing.

1. Acer Aspire R 15 Multimedia Laptop
    2. ASUS K501UW-AB78 Multimedia Laptop
    3. ASUS ZX53VW Multimedia Laptop
    4. Acer Aspire VX 15 Gaming Laptop
    5. Dell Inspiron i5577-7359BLK-PUS Multimedia Laptop
    06-06-2017 12:32 AM
    xps 15. 1080p if you will be working away from a plug alot, 4k if you can plug it in at least once a day for a full charge cycle. if you are doing heavy 3d work, I would maybe step it up to something with a Xeon processor though.
    06-21-2017 12:23 PM
    Lenovo ThinkPad W or P series.

Those are the heavy-lifter desktop replacement models. You get ThinkPad repairability, durability as well as available parts.
    jmshub likes this.
    06-21-2017 02:36 PM
    I'm using Dell XPS 14z and also working on the graphics. In XPS 14z I'm using Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, After Effect and 3D Max all these working good on my XPS 14z laptop. If you want to use more heavy work what I know Gaming laptop is the heavy laptops you can do any work in Gaming laptops and I think Razer Blade Pro is the best laptop for gaming. What you guys give suggestions about it?
    HeyCori likes this.
    09-29-2017 04:06 AM