Surface Died, can I use the pen on another PC?

lcw731

May 29, 2012
Visit site
My surface died, charging port broke. In probably going to replace it with a dell 2 in 1. Can I use that surface pen 2 with the Dell?

L0n3N1nja

Dec 22, 2016
Visit site
Re: Surface Died, can I use the pen...

It would depend on what dell, it needs to have the right Wacom tech in the screen to work.

L0n3N1nja

Dec 22, 2016
Visit site

Ok I thought you had a surface 2 in your original post. The Surface and Surface 2 used wacom, Surface 3 and newer uses N-Trig.

From what I can find online Dell is using Wacom AES for the new active pens, to my knowledge your Surface 3 pen will not work on the Dell.

I might be wrong, hopefully someone else can confirm or correct what I'm saying.

lcw731

May 29, 2012
Visit site

I see where i was confusing. It was a Surface 3, but the 2nd generation of the pen (that was released about the same time as the surface 3 on AT&T), I think the pen is off a generation from the tablet if i'm not mistaken

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

I see where i was confusing. It was a Surface 3, but the 2nd generation of the pen (that was released about the same time as the surface 3 on AT&T), I think the pen is off a generation from the tablet if i'm not mistaken

Even if it's a second generation or first generation Surface 3 pen it will not work as it's still N-trig based.

You could however try it out and take the pen with you and check the inspirion 5000 display models - if you really want to make sure.

lhlarrym63

Oct 23, 2017
Visit site

My surface died, charging port broke. In probably going to replace it with a dell 2 in 1. Can I use that surface pen 2 with the Dell?
You can buy a Suface 3 dock to charger it for $15.00 from Amazon . It charges through the display port .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3