Windows tablet for constant streaming(need help)

ohmibod

Oct 24, 2017
Visit site
I need low cost Windows tablet to stream 3-4 browser tabs in low quality(180-200p) for at least 7 hours in lowest brightness and volume without without charging. I want to recharge maybe 2 or 3 times a day and not have to keep wires plugged.

I'm not trying to break the bank. I prefer 300 bucks or below. Must be windows not mobile os. I don't care about specs. 2gb ram and atom CPU will do fine. Would prefer a universal fast charger like USB c

My choices I picked but I'm unsure

1. Lenovo yoga book.

Has highest battery life windows tablet but the micro USB charger takes a while I heard. Lenovo claims 15 hours but for what I'm doing I feel I should get 8 hours?

2. Hp pavilion x2 10

Claimed to be 12 hours but reviewers say about 8 to 9 and that's moderate test. I'm putting bit more stress so I can't tell if it will meet the 7 hours I want. It's a USB c charger which should be faster. Also, I'm confused about the different models. (10t, p010nr, Celeron, 10-q82ng) which is best?

3. Lenovo IdeaPad miix 320.

Claimed to be about 10.5 hours so I'm guessing for my needs it won't even hit 7 hours mark. Plus, it uses an ac charger and I don't have much power outlet available for that

4. Surface 3

Said to be 9 to 10 hours by MS but users are having a hard time getting 6 or 7 with moderate use. Plus the charging is micro USB and it's said to be very slow. If I do get the Lenovo yoga I don't want another slow charger. Also, it cost just as much or more but has less battery life.

Can anyone suggest anything else? I would like help or corrections on my list

Last edited:

Wolfjt

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I need low cost Windows tablet to stream 3-4 browser tabs in low quality(180-200p) for at least 7 hours in lowest brightness and volume without without charging. I want to recharge maybe 2 or 3 times a day and not have to keep wires plugged.

I'm not trying to break the bank. I prefer 300 bucks or below. Must be windows not mobile os. I don't care about specs. 2gb ram and atom CPU will do fine. Would prefer a universal fast charger like USB c

My choices I picked but I'm unsure

1. Lenovo yoga book.

Has highest battery life windows tablet but the micro USB charger takes a while I heard. Lenovo claims 15 hours but for what I'm doing I feel I should get 8 hours?

2. Hp pavilion x2 10

Claimed to be 12 hours but reviewers say about 8 to 9 and that's moderate test. I'm putting bit more stress so I can't tell if it will meet the 7 hours I want. It's a USB c charger which should be faster. Also, I'm confused about the different models. (10t, p010nr, Celeron, 10-q82ng) which is best?

3. Lenovo IdeaPad miix 320.

Claimed to be about 10.5 hours so I'm guessing for my needs it won't even hit 7 hours mark. Plus, it uses an ac charger and I don't have much power outlet available for that

4. Surface 3

Said to be 9 to 10 hours by MS but users are having a hard time getting 6 or 7 with moderate use. Plus the charging is micro USB and it's said to be very slow. If I do get the Lenovo yoga I don't want another slow charger. Also, it cost just as much or more but has less battery life.

Can anyone suggest anything else? I would like help or corrections on my list
You might want to wait for Windows 10 on arm devices that are coming out. They are "supposed" to get you 10hrs of battery life and an economical price. The highest battery life devices will have the latest and greatest processors. And that my friend will not come cheap. What is low cost to you?

ohmibod

Oct 24, 2017
Visit site
You might want to wait for Windows 10 on arm devices that are coming out. They are "supposed" to get you 10hrs of battery life and an economical price. The highest battery life devices will have the latest and greatest processors. And that my friend will not come cheap. What is low cost to you?
Like I said I'm willing to put 300 or less on the table. 10hours claim by OEM usually means 7 anyway so with current tech I'm ok with 7 hours of true continuous low video playing in 3 tabs in low brightness

The hp x2 is 250 bucks. Are there no arm win tablets now? Any idea when they are coming?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb