About those 'always connected PCs...'

Old_Mil

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
Not interested. Honestly I have found that the sweet spot in devices for me is some combinatioj of the +/-5.5 inch smart phone, the 8 inch tablet without keyboard, the 12-14 inch laptop, and the fire breathing liquid cooled full ATX tower that provides gaming and processing performance no compact device can match.

justjun555

Dec 29, 2017
Visit site
only thing I dont like is that why they are not giving wifi only models option and make it cheaper, instead of forcing every user to pay extra money of lte when not everybody needs it.
when we buy phones lte is must but same is not the case with laptops,tablets,pc.
but I believe it's just beginning of mordern embedded amen semi moduler pc's.
imagine a device like asus padfone which can be used as a phone,as a tablet when docked in tabletdock, as a laptop with a laptop dock. the best thing about it is a uniform lte connection,storage & processor use between this devices.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
only thing I dont like is that why they are not giving wifi only models option and make it cheaper, instead of forcing every user to pay extra money of lte when not everybody needs it.
when we buy phones lte is must but same is not the case with laptops,tablets,pc.
but I believe it's just beginning of mordern embedded amen semi moduler pc's.
imagine a device like asus padfone which can be used as a phone,as a tablet when docked in tabletdock, as a laptop with a laptop dock. the best thing about it is a uniform lte connection,storage & processor use between this devices.

In this case the LTE and Wifi are in the same chip......so a WiFi only would cost more if LTE was removed.
So your not paying more for LTE.....Your paying for the chip itself.
snapdragon_835-soc_overview.png

justjun555

Dec 29, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for info I didn't know that.

Now we just need devices like this
With adaptable full windows 10 for mobile.

Attachments

• 3in1p.jpg
    3in1p.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 4

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for info I didn't know that.

Now we just need devices like this
With adaptable full windows 10 for mobile.

The designs that you have shown have been done and failed to catch on.

Wait for the folding All in One......the rumor mill has doubled in December and C.E.S. is just around the corner, also CeBit + Microsoft has yet to set an intro date for what ever the new device is....

Most likely Windows on Arm ( Snapdragon 835 ), Folding between Phone size and Tablet, and I hope like Surface a Keyboard Blade
surface-folding-fan-render.jpg

justjun555

Dec 29, 2017
Visit site
if done right foldable phones will be great and will challenge 7 to 9 inch small tablet formfactor. but I dont think it will replace 12inch+ devices like laptops and 2in1s unless it sacrifice pocketable size of current smartphones.

the first design in my post above is actually Apple's patented idea about iphone powered laptop.so if company like apple release something like that than this design can become popular.

Last edited:

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
if done right foldable phones will be great and will challenge 7 to 9 inch small tablet formfactor. but I dont think it will replace 12inch+ devices like laptops and 2in1s unless it sacrifice pocketable size of current smartphones.

the first design in my post above is actually Apple's patented idea about iphone powered laptop.so if company like apple release something like that than this design can become popular.

Apple was not the only thinking in this way. A Prototype called Seed had the same idea, the phone powers the laptop and in laptop mode is the touch panel.
seed-phone-laptop.jpg

justjun555

Dec 29, 2017
Visit site
Thats great idea. I still believe this laptop docks and padfone like tablet docks deserve another try with more powerful operating system like windows 10 and should be made by known companies like Microsoft,samsung etc.
Current top smartphones are already approching 6 to 8gb of rams,128 to 256 gb of storage,processors faster enough for average users needs like web browsing,media consumption,office works,etc. These devices can create there own niche along with foldable phones.

Last edited:

Culex316

Oct 18, 2017
Visit site
Originally posted by Al Sacco
So Microsoft, HP and ASUS recently announced the first "always connected PCs," the ASUS NovaGo and HP Envy x2.

We've been anxiously awaiting the dawn of the Windows 10 on ARM age, and it's finally almost here. That's exciting ... but I can't help but wonder how many people will actually buy one of these first devices.

They're expensive, and I'm not all that sure the value proposition is there for me. I think many other folks are in the same boat.

What do you think? Are you excited about the first two always-connected PCs? Why or why not? Taking it a step further, are you going to buy one?

I am excited about the future possibilities, but will hold off on buying one for now due to the weak CPU.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa