Does tempered glass help?

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
My 1520 slid off my desk and fell face down in a drop that I wouldn't have even in the slightest predicted would crack my screen so badly...not only was the drop short, but the phone had a glass screen protector on... The screen shattered while the protector didn't...
Thoughts?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My thoughts are based on believing that in other forums you have talked about this phone...

Correct me if I am wrong: the screen got cracked (quite extensively affecting about 1/3 of the display if I remember the pics), then you applied the Tempered Glass to correct the feel? Then the new fall and existing cracks spread?

I'm thinking it is not a fair test if the chronology I outlined is accurate.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
My thoughts are based on believing that in other forums you have talked about this phone...

Correct me if I am wrong: the screen got cracked (quite extensively affecting about 1/3 of the display if I remember the pics), then you applied the Tempered Glass to correct the feel? Then the new fall and existing cracks spread?

I'm thinking it is not a fair test if the chronology I outlined is accurate.
No it cracked in a completely new place (bottom left corner) prior to that it just had some hair line cracking at the top..the second drop was pure shatter

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
OK... I must have crossed up two different phones.

I do know that once a screen is cracked it should be considered compromised and easily at risk. I think cracks weaken the overall integrity and little can be done about it after the fact.

Did both of these instances (corner crack, then shatter) happen after the TG was applied? Or was the TG applied after the screen was compromised?

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
OK... I must have crossed up two different phones.

I do know that once a screen is cracked it should be considered compromised and easily at risk. I think cracks weaken the overall integrity and little can be done about it after the fact.

Did both of these instances (corner crack, then shatter) happen after the TG was applied? Or was the TG applied after the screen was compromised?
The upper one was prior and tthe bottom one was after the application of the TP

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa