Please explain different Glance screen settings ? Which is best setting & why ?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Glance Screen Settings (as accessed from Settings > glance screen):
Off - well, no glance screen will be seen with this setting
Peek - Glance screen will be turned on for a moment right after the screen is turned off and when something is waved over the top part of the screen (over the proximity sensor) when the screen is in standby mode
Interval - Glance screen will be turned on at a default/pre-determined constant time frame
Always on - Glance screen will always be turned on when the phone is in standby mode

Content - toggling any of the features listed here (Date, detailed status notification, quick status notification) will add more details in the Glance screen. Note for the Background app, you must set a compatible app (MSN Weather or Health) as the lock screen to display the information of the app in the Glance screen.

Exception - the description says you can choose to always show the glance screen when the phone is plugged in to a charger

Night mode - allows you to choose either not to show the glance screen or change to color of the glance screen within a user-defined time period (which can be set by changing the "Start time" and "End time"), or to disable night mode feature by selecting "Off".

You may want to visit this link for more information about the Glance Screen.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've moved your thread to a more appropriate area as it is not really device specific...

Do you mean the settings in Glance like Always On, Peek, Interval? Those are really a personal preference.Here is a great guide by our own xandros9 that explains a lot: http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8-how-guides/294703-[guide]-glance.html

Me? I like Always On, but the proximity sensor turns it off when it is in my pocket or laying face down. Then when I take it out of my pocket or pick it up off the table/desk it automagically shows me my statuses... Then it turns off again when I put the phone down or back in my pocket. I find that most convenient and powerful. Others like Peek, but it may slow you down as a cost of saving battery. Or Interval which splits Peek and Always On by needing an activation, but having a time out. My two cents? Always On is fastest and most efficient so long as you have a screen protector and train yourself to set your phone down face down.

If you mean what to send to Glance, again that is personal preference. It amounts to whatever you select to show on Lock Screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnsa3