How much is your phone bill and what do you get for it?

Kodiak12

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Prepaid for me. $35 Cricket (AT&T). 2.5GB data. No additional cryptic fees or taxes.

My family's phones are now off contract and I just bailed out 5 of them from Verizon's contract concentration camp. Woo hoo! I was paying over $350/month. I told them to give up their notions of new iPhones or food. (Their choice because I'm a fair Dad).

So what are you paying and is your phone under contract?

Ordeith

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
$60 for cricket 20GB on one line. $70 (after taxes and fees) for 3GB T-Mobile on the other.

Cricket has been the far better performer, both in price and coverage. If they ever allow internet sharing my family will finally leave T-Mobile for good.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Paying $138. / month (including tax) for 3 smartphones & 1 tablet on AT&T. Unlimited talk / text, 10GB shared data (w rollover ~~ 4GB month, nice buffer) & mobile Hotspot (tethering).
Only new iPhone6 64GB under contract (but that's another story - retention deal from AT&T! - saved about $250. on phone)

Last edited:

Marko Marjanovic

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Reading this and comparing to mine 15? month for 300 sms, 300 talk and 300 mb (lowest, E maybe H+ in some area) is like a joke.
Got every phone out of contract because byuing this kind od phone on ,,Telenor's contract" is like giving leg and arm for it (example, got 1520 for 350?+/- off and in contract like 2,000? after 2y).

Glory to Serbia and our economy!

Ps. 55$ is damn to high! I can fill my gas tank or fill fridge for a month and eat like a king.

Kodiak12

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Got every phone out of contract because byuing this kind od phone on ,,Telenor's contract" is like giving leg and arm for it .
I hear you brother. I'm old enough to remember 1 year contracts and convoluted plans measured by minutes and rates dependent on which day of the week it was. Of course back then flip phones cost a fortune to buy outright. Death to contract phones.

In the U.S. most carriers nickel and dime you to death on additional fees and taxes on top of the plan itself. And yes I wish Cricket would bundle bandwidth but 2.5gb for each of us will have to do. These days with hotspots everywhere it's been working out. (If not, too bad. My kids will just have to get jobs).

Cricket $55- unlimited talk/txt/20GB data (8mbs).
Ain't that something? Totally unheard of with the major carriers.

kklemn

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
20€/month i get 2000 units (1 unit = 1mb/1minute (landline or any national operator)/1SMS) i usually can't get past 1500 units except if using my phone as access point.

with free LTE/4G (limited to 21,6Mb/s download and 5,76Mb/s Upload) included
(unlimited 150/50mbps costs extra 6€, but who needs that ;)

If you sign a contract for 2 years you get circa 100-200€ off the full price of device (paid 500€ for lumia 920 when it came out) and the phone is unlocked from the beginning.

Mobitel Slovenia FTW! :)

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Bell Mobility in Canada.

2 Year Contract with Samsung ATIV S (expires next month).

$64 before taxes
- Unlimited Canada wide calling
- Unlimited SMS / MMS
- 1gb of shareable Data
- Call Display, Voice Mail, Conference Calling, Call Waiting

At the time, I could have saved 10% off that plan by using my own device off-contract (at least the ATIV S was $0 on contract at the time).

Sad to see that 2 years later (present date), the equivalent of my plan if you bring your own device is $65/month, $75/month if you want a Lumia 830 ($0), and $85/month if you want a flagship device (iPhone, Galaxy S6, One M9, LG G3, Xperia Z3, etc) that also costs additional money on a 2-year contract.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99