If Nokia started making and Android phone and W10 phone - which would go to?

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I like Nokia phones - I keep saying it's the hardware (I've had 6 and none have failed, and yes I travel) but it might also be a loyalty. They have always made great cameras and I thought great style. I loved their OVI suite which at the time was new when it came out. I like how they were the leader, they were innovative, but this has passed:eek:rly:. And they don't like Korean cars - "no Kia". Yes. that is a joke.

If Nokia made an Android phone, I would still have access to all the MS services as apps - possibly, even with more functionality of WP apps. I would have more apps overall. I would also be part of the majority of phone owners - more development, more expansion. I keep hoping for some amazing Xbox-Hololens-Skype-Cloud-Desktop mega convergence.

If Nokia made a Windows phone, I would have a familiar ecosystem with the possibility of some better integration with the OS (well, hope so).

My biggest gripe with Android is the bloat and how it slows down. I had an Android tablet and phone. I found I had to rest the OS more than once to get back performance. On my two Windows desktops, I have not had that issue with W8.1. At work, my Windows 7 computer is pretty solid. WP - no issues but it has been only 8 months.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Mr. V

chris_gt

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: If Nokia started making and Andoid phone and W10 phone - which would go to?

Hey Mr V

I always valued hardware just like you, but never liked the "look at me I'm yellow!" Nokias, until the 925 appeared and then the 930.

I don't think the bloated/slow/laggy android argument applies as it once did, the OS has grown up, matured and so has the hardware. To be honest I think windows phone has more to fix in that regard than android right now, specially with the resuming, loading screens and the slow animations.

This is why I bought a 930 to replace my still working 925: If you buy flagships 95% of any performance related flaws from the OS get masked up by healthy hardware specs. So getting an iPhone6, HTC One M9 or 930 will give you a nice overall user experience even when they have 3 different operating systems. You would only be choosing over some exclusive features and a different UI.

Whether Nokia comes out with a nice Android phone or W10 phone, build quality, real world performance and camera will be the deciding factors for me.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I've moved this thread to the General Windows Phone Discussion Lounge.

I'd probably pick a Nokia Windows Phone, rather than a Nokia Android, unless the Android ran stock and didn't have any custom skins or bloatware that couldn't be removed.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I wouldn't get a Nokia phone as of now and the near future since MS bought the people behind the Lumia's as we know them.

Nokia5110

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site

Waiting the Z - launcher on top of the Nokia X.

hiya15

May 23, 2015
Visit site

Will go for Nokia windows phone.
Reason - Bored of android. I know there are many many customization option but still it remains an android.

SteveNoza

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site

I'm sticking with WP for the foreseeable future, W10 mobile looks promising.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Sorry. No 'droid. No matter who is making the hardware. I'm done with it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss