What's your DREAM Windows Phone look like?

cheetahwig1

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
What does your DREAM Windows Phone look like?

My Dream Windows Surface Mobile/XPhone 3-in-1 device:
  • ARM or Intel CPU that runs full Windows
  • 8 gigs of RAM, 512gb of storage, dedicated GPU for gaming
  • Dock for desktop usage that includes multiple USB-C ports, dual HDMI-out, and Ethernet port
  • 6" screen that folds out to form a tablet that can use a Surface keyboard
  • When folded up, still is only about a half inch thick, but houses 2 3000ma batteries (1 in each half of the mobile device) for 2 full days of usage
  • Runs Android apps natively (using a sandboxed version of Android), OR
  • Runs iPhone apps natively (using a sandboxed version of iPhone) (one or the other)
  • Is backwards compatible with Win8 mobile apps
  • Is advertised by MS for 3 years at $1 billion in commercials per year - done by hiring away the iPhone marketing firm rather than the dodos who normally write commercials for MS
  • So, is your pocket mobile device, folds out to become your tablet, and docks to become your desktop computer
  • Is optimized to play World of Warcraft (Hey! This is MY dream device!)
Comes in under $1000 in price, including dock, keyboard, reg and car charger, and a 6'x8' poster of Ninja Cat riding a unicorn.

Cheetah

Urbautz

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
I'd take a refreshed Lumia 820. 4,3", IPS instead of crap AMOLED in Lumia950, and best camera in price range (which i would say is on level of the current iPhone).

Aden Rossinni

Jul 8, 2016
Visit site
Best form factor IMO is the HP X3. Start with that and work on improvements and another model for people that use it more as a phone. I don't use the phone much so love the size. Smaller size could be 5.2 inch with as little bezel as possible but same thickness as current X3. Of course - 6-8GB RAM/ 128 Storage minimum. Must have continuum, glance, DTTW, 4500 battery minimum, same water resistance, fingerprint reader etc. NFC. USB C, Fast charge. That's basically all that could be fine to better the HP, if which is one of the best phones on the market, but a dream phone would be foldable, awesome Surface-like design, and marketed like crazy with the app store injected with a massive boost. Love Windows and Microsoft - best OS, best hardware. Oh, and the camera of the 950 with a partner with Hasselblad and manfrotto! 😀😜

dod888

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to add to all above, the ability to take the picture underwater. I want to take a picture half above water and half under water.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
why would one want IPS instead of AMOLED?
No burn-in (longer life, color accuracy), possibly consistent power usage regardless of what's being displayed.

Many say burn-in isn't an issue but I bought my Priv new late last November and on certain screens you can start to tell that the navigation buttons are burning into the display.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
No burn-in (longer life, color accuracy), possibly consistent power usage regardless of what's being displayed.

Many say burn-in isn't an issue but I bought my Priv new late last November and on certain screens you can start to tell that the navigation buttons are burning into the display.

I find colours and contrast richer on AMOLED. Or I prefer how it looks. Burn, well IDK, haven't owned one long enough to find out. Guess we'll see on that.

Interesting. Because IPS is basically going out of fashion isn't it? I mean in 5 years, will there be any more IPS displays?

sumit raghav1

Jul 10, 2017
Visit site
What does your DREAM Windows Phone look like? Size, battery life, specs, etc... if you could grab any manufacturer and tell them 'make this', what would you tell them to do?? :)
Phone with small screen with bezel less..and infinity display ....

Attachments

• images (1).jpg
    images (1).jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 66
  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 66
Last edited by a moderator:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I find colours and contrast richer on AMOLED. Or I prefer how it looks. Burn, well IDK, haven't owned one long enough to find out. Guess we'll see on that.

Interesting. Because IPS is basically going out of fashion isn't it? I mean in 5 years, will there be any more IPS displays?

Yep, saturated colors and higher contrast are a perk of AMOLED and those deep blacks keep pulling me back to them.

Burn-in is always a "we'll see", like I've seen a Galaxy S II that's doing alright and a BlackBerry Q10 that looked like it has a yellow/homescreen filter applied.

IPS looks to be going away on high-end/midrange smartphones but I can guarantee it'll be a while before it makes inroads on PC's.

Marek Kloczewiak

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I am not so much concerned with the hardware as much as I am concerned with the software. I do not see any improvements in Windows 10 mobile over past editions. Actually, I see the system as a whole getting antiquitated and outdated, plus funny with its constantly changing positions tiles. All I do is to adjust the tile half of my day... What's the point of slapping it on a hardware with 8-core processor, 8 gig of memory, 41 mpixel camera, triple flash, diamond screen, 3-d AR functions, etc, etc? Are we kids playing with Lego or are we serious user who want reliable, well performing computer in our hands?
I am not so much concerned with the hardware as much as I am concerned with the software. I do not see any improvements in Windows 10 mobile over past editions. Actually, I see the system as a whole getting antiquitated and outdated, plus funny with its constantly changing positions tiles. All I do is to adjust the tile half of my day... What's the point of slapping it on a hardware with 8-core processor, 8 gig of memory, 41 mpixel camera, triple flash, diamond screen, 3-d AR functions, etc, etc? Are we kids playing with Lego or are we serious user who want reliable, well performing computer in our hands?

mc_razza

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking about something that directly takes on the Nokia 6 and the Snapdragon 430 crowd:

Lumia 660
  • Available in black, white, cyan, orange, green, lime, yellow, and red polycarbonate shells in both glossy and matte variants
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 450
  • 2 or 3GB RAM and 16GB internal storage (expandable up to 1TB via MicroSD)
  • 5.2-inch 1080p LCD with full CBD and Corning Gorilla Glass 5
  • Removable 3000mAh battery
  • Micro USB with Qualcomm Quickcharge 3.0
  • 16MP f/2.0 PureView rear camera with Carl Zeiss optics, image stabilisation, PDAF and two-tone flash
  • 8MP f/2.0 front-facing camera
  • Qi wireless charging, NFC, BT 4.1, 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
  • 399 AUD, 279 EUR, 329 USD, 249 GBP

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire