So is this true "Windows Phone is dead"?

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Lol, this is hysterical.

The surface pro, book, and the laptop were all sprung on people without them having any idea it was coming. There's some mysterious new device coming at the shanghai meeting - no one has a clue what it is.

How do any of these supposed hardware rumours, whether for or against some supposed new piece of tech, have any creditability at all?

This just in: fabled and probably imaginary phone, has been fabled and imagined to have been cancelled!

Also the tooth fairy has been sentenced to jail, for third degree murder of the late Mr. santa claus.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Re: Is Windows Phone dead?

I've received this message from Windows Dev center:

Notes To Developer
Your app emulates a game system. Windows Store added new Gaming policies, and no longer accepts these apps for publication. Please consider submitting a new Universal Windows Platform game to the Store.

The games on windows store are old or inexistent compared to other app stores, now they are cutting emulators too, is there any live resting on Windows Phone?
Some time ago i've seen a lot of "games" that are in reality emulators packaged with roms (whats is illegal) but they were published without problem, someone had noticed any changes on windows store?

Surely its about time some competitor stores rose up for windows UWP. There are plenty for android outside the play store. Would do MS some good to have someone outside their monopoly there calling the shots.

Maybe you could try steam?

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Re: Windows Phone 10 is dead - the future is Mobile

I've been wondering how all this phone stuff will shake out as I use my Windows Mobile X3 on the latest Insider Build. I know I’m part of the 0.3% and am not really worried. I was thinking as I bought the X3 that the mobile phone as we knew it was on its way out. Already I’m writing this using a keyboard and 24” monitor attached to my "mobile PC".

View attachment 135545

Saw two articles today. First was one on the future of “phones” which may just be HoloLens or something like that. My older son already plays with VR with his LG V20 and his Galaxy Note 7 before that.

The second article shows some telling comments from Nadella himself.

Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella and Alex Kipman on Windows phones - Business Insider

Think about it. I can use a R Pi to create any kind of IoT device and use my son’s 3D printers to form a shell I want using open source software to design it.

"The slow sure death of the smartphone" - this is the thing everyday consumers don't seem to get, but every major company involved in the smartphone biz, admits by their massive massive investments in future tech. No one profiting from the pocket slab, would bet their companies future on it. Not one. The two hot new picks seem to be voice control and VR/AR. But time will tell what actually unfolds.

Certainly as the article points out, if something like the HoloLens were actually affordable (and maybe a little smaller), you'd have no need for TVs, monitors, tablets or smartphones. You'd have a screen anywhere you wanted one, just flip on your glasses. Touch would also be redundant - you'd use 3d gestures and voice, or gaze.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos