The NEXT Windows Phone?

speccy

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I seriously doubt they'll be any more Windows phones, it's just not worth the investment. Alcatel have the only real option where they re-purpose a single design for three different platforms i.e. Windows, Blackberry and Android.

Leonel Funes

Windows 10 & Xbox Champion
Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
This is part gut instincts, part hopeful thoughts, but...

I assume HP will bring out the next version of the Elite X3 this year since there are loads of rumors out there.
Also hoping other OEMs hop on board. Most likely not Samsung, LG or HTC since their doing their Android things, but maybe Huawei, Lenovo/Motorola, Kyocera, and of course Alcatel again.
Maybe another PC OEM will make a phone, perhaps from Dell. Similar to HP.

If/When more Windows phones come out, hopefully it will at least slow or stop the declining sales. Later on everyone can worry about picking up users again.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
My crystal ball has been pretty cloudy as of late so don't foresee much new on the horizon, maybe HP and the 2nd gen Elite X3 as rumour had it. Do predict ACER will exit the Windows Phone market, a gut feeling more than anything else. Would like to see Samsung return as we were pretty impressed with our Ativ S.

Awhispersecho

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
At this point I get the feeling that if even if companies want to release WIndows Phones Nadella will tell them not to. Just thinking of him and what he has done and the effect it will have on the future of this company on a consumer level makes my blood pressure go through the roof.

kaktus1389

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Well WindowsCentral made lots of hype for the WhartoonBrooks phone - I guess at least that one is supposed to be released. Otherwise I hope to see next HP's phone with RS3 which is *supposed to* finally deliver improvements for Continuum (this has been said for RS2 already *cough cough*). If any Chinese companies like Huawei decide to jump over it would be nice but I don't think that is likely to happen.

faisalbaba

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Waiting for mid range phones.Also there is rumor of surface phone but if Microsoft made such phone they should name it lumia because lumia is popular than surface in most of countries I think.

Sent from mTalk

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
A Verizon exclusive.

It would be such a Microsft/Windows Phone thing to do.

Seriously though, short of Cerulean getting out of the gate, probably HP with whatever rev of the X3 that was sort of teased at MEC - sitting inaccessible off to the side.

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Fingers crossed! I will need to change soon, although my 930 still works like a champ with a new battery! Compared to a new 950, I could even say it is faster in some cases, on the same Win 10 build :D

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
This is part gut instincts, part hopeful thoughts, but...

I assume HP will bring out the next version of the Elite X3 this year since there are loads of rumors out there.
Also hoping other OEMs hop on board. Most likely not Samsung, LG or HTC since their doing their Android things, but maybe Huawei, Lenovo/Motorola, Kyocera, and of course Alcatel again.
Maybe another PC OEM will make a phone, perhaps from Dell. Similar to HP.

If/When more Windows phones come out, hopefully it will at least slow or stop the declining sales. Later on everyone can worry about picking up users again.

I wish Samsung would make an updated ATIV SE; this phone was the best Windows phone, way ahead of its time!

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
@darrell reimer - Oh the ATIV SE. You still have yours?

Yes - 2 of them actually; one running 8.1, the other 10. I can't use them right now because I switched to Freedom/Wind network, and they don't have the correct radio frequency/channels. Freedom is half the cost of my old Telus plan.
Regarding the phone, the hardware and specs were so great. 2 GB of RAM; full 1080p screen with 441 ppi; 13 MP camera; full 1080p video recording; built in 16 GB storage, micro-sd; super thin and light (136 grams), and the same 2.3 GHz Snapdragon 800 quad core as the Lumia ICON. Remember - this was 3 years ago!! This phone was so unappreciated:(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnsa3