What are your favourite discontinued/unsupported apps for Windows Phone?

mc_razza

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I recently bought a Lumia 735 and was looking at the 293 apps in my apps list in the app store to see which ones to put onto my new phone. I noticed that some of my favourite apps were either missing or couldn't be downloaded. Apps like Mirror's Edge, Tapatalk Classic, Aviary Photo Editor, TENplay, Amazing Weather HD, and - my personal favourite - Wikipedia by Rudy Huyn, cannot be re-downloaded. There are the big apps like eBay, PayPal, Amazon et al which we all know were shut down due to insufficient users. Some apps still work if it was installed before being pulled from the store while others are just inoperative. I understand it can be worked around by downloading a copy over at www.appx4fun.com but not all apps can be reinstalled - at least not on non-developer phones.

So, which discontinued, unsupported or unavailable apps for Windows Phone do you miss?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Amazing Weather HD being discontinued really bites deep...

NOAA Hi-Def Radar is somehow "lost" on the store. I mean the store cannot find it. It still works great on my W10 laptop, but I can't get any phone to find it in the store to install and the store on PC draws a blank as well. The curse of a clean start is that you have to give up things... Maybe. I found an alt source for the appx and am happy I have NOAA Radar back on my daily driver. But Amazing Weather HD is still gone. The best weather app for me on Windows Phone. Can't dig the alternatives nearly as much.

The original Microsoft Health and Fitness App was pretty great. Sad they squashed all the functionality out of it and morphed it into Band App. They sort of shot themselves in the foot there.

Probably more later...

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
When I had my 920 I loved the Inrix traffic app with live tile. And for a brief shining moment we actually had Waze! I was in the beta program when Google bought them. That was the end of development but the app hung on as a zombie for a while after that.

Leonel Funes

Windows 10 & Xbox Champion
Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Lumia Camera and the plethora of Lumia-related apps. Windows Camera is good for phones shipping with W10M, but my Icon kind of lost quality after moving on from Lumia Camera. I've seen others report the same.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Lumia Camera and the plethora of Lumia-related apps. Windows Camera is good for phones shipping with W10M, but my Icon kind of lost quality after moving on from Lumia Camera. I've seen others report the same.
For me, Lumia Camera peaked with the Cyan update for WP8.1. It seemed like the algorithm didn't work quite as well for me after that. But it was still better than the current camera app.

sd4f

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
MixRadio and Here drive

I was going to post up MixRadio, definitely an app I miss, I loved the lists and how I was finding awesome music all the time, and it did the genres I like as well. Haven't been updating my music libraries all that much now, because not getting exposed to decent new music anymore.

Haven't tried the microsoft maps navigation, from what I hear it's not good, but I certainly still enjoy using Here Drive on my L920. One of the big reasons I haven't updated yet...

Bittah Pupil

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
6tag still works for me but I hear it no longer receives updates or support? What I like about it is the ability to create frames for multiple pics in one post.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs