How many of you are still loyal to windows mobile?

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
Not to mention the virtual trackpad. Only a laptop or Surface with a Type cover beats the Passport when working on an Excel file. Smartsheet on the web is also a pleasant experience due to the wide display and the real estate is always available since there's no vkb to hog up the screen. I'm not trying to cause you any trouble but how soon do you expect before you get another SE? :)

Ha ha I'm not sure. I'm exploring the windows mobile world right now and sorting my way through those devices to see if I find any that are a fit or meet my needs.

There's something magical about the Passport that always brings me back but I think I may be done with the BB10 system.

The biggest issue I found is I was usually using a 2 phone system when I had the Passport and due to the size it wasn't the most friendly to haul around with a secondary phone.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Not to mention the virtual trackpad. Only a laptop or Surface with a Type cover beats the Passport when working on an Excel file. Smartsheet on the web is also a pleasant experience due to the wide display and the real estate is always available since there's no vkb to hog up the screen. I'm not trying to cause you any trouble but how soon do you expect before you get another SE? :)

Troublemaker! Haha.

I owned one. Too big to carry around as an everyday device but wouldn't mind playing around with one again if I could get one cheap.

There I go again. I need help!

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
Troublemaker! Haha.

I owned one. Too big to carry around as an everyday device but wouldn't mind playing around with one again if I could get one cheap.

There I go again. I need help!

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

Yeah they're terribly expensive right now since shop BlackBerry sold out. I think once the KEYone is released prices will filter down as a bunch hit the market but who knows.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Yeah they're terribly expensive right now since shop BlackBerry sold out. I think once the KEYone is released prices will filter down as a bunch hit the market but who knows.

I generally don't pay full price for my devices but buy them slightly used. Looks like you can get one for about $150 on the Bay.

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
So I've been told. It's getting a little clearer now but the waters are still quite muddy. I've determined the iPhone is the best consumer phone out there, but I'm not the typical user so it may be relegated to drawer aka Death Row. I'm reserving judgment on Android until I get to check out DeX which keeps the G5 in an adjoining cell with the 6S+. With Google Services running 100% on the Passport it's the one to beat as my daily driver.

But none of them can do this: my mobile office courtesy of Windows 10 Mobile, HP, power inverters and Hummer.

IMG_20170402_172938.jpgIMG_20170402_173056.jpgIMG_20170402_173304.jpgIMG_20170402_174017_hdr.jpg

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
You really need to consider SA (Smartphone Anonymous). You have a serious problem. :grin:

Are you kidding? I wish I could be like this. I have the 950/XL phones and the 640/XL phones sitting on my tablet with my Surface Pro 4 and my girlfriends Surface 3 on the side. Then in my bag with my old Toshiba laptop I have an 830, 520, 635, and Galaxy S4. I also have a broken Nexus 6 somewhere around here. I want a OnePlus 3t really bad but I just don't have the money to keep buying phones like I want. I'd have so many phones if I could. I just want an Android phone that I can use to keep up to date with Android.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I'm loyal still. Windows 10 is the best OS for my needs and wants. It works for me and it works well. I love Android too but it just has too many issues and quirks for me to even consider giving up Windows 10 for it right now.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
So I've been told. It's getting a little clearer now but the waters are still quite muddy. I've determined the iPhone is the best consumer phone out there, but I'm not the typical user so it may be relegated to drawer aka Death Row. I'm reserving judgment on Android until I get to check out DeX which keeps the G5 in an adjoining cell with the 6S+. With Google Services running 100% on the Passport it's the one to beat as my daily driver.

But none of them can do this: my mobile office courtesy of Windows 10 Mobile, HP, power inverters and Hummer.

View attachment 134711View attachment 134712View attachment 134713View attachment 134714

Sweet.

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
I'm loyal still. Windows 10 is the best OS for my needs and wants. It works for me and it works well. I love Android too but it just has too many issues and quirks for me to even consider giving up Windows 10 for it right now.

Just out of curiosity what features do you love about w10 and which features do you dislike with Android

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Just out of curiosity what features do you love about w10 and which features do you dislike with Android

I love the Live Tiles on the Start Screen, the camera app, the Microsoft services integration, and, funnily enough, the Settings apps. I love a lot of things about Windows 10 but those are some of the big ones.

Things I dislike about Android? The updates, the still far too common UI inconsistencies, the wild differences between OEM's launchers. Android feels really cartoony sometimes, and I dislike the static home screens. There's a lot I like, but a lot I don't.

Every operating system has its advantages and disadvantages. Windows 10 is just the best option for me.

FXi2

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I stay well versed in both IOS and W10m/W10. But for what I enjoy the most and thus prefer to pocket around, the Lumia Icon. Battery isn't as big as I'd like but wireless charging is still the cat's meow and fast charging means it's quick to drop, top a bit and be off again. Wireless charging in the car too, so I can be at full anywhere I need to be. But yes I have IOS too, but I let the family use them much of the time. They do have a few neat tricks, but the overall experience isn't as good.

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
They all do sometimes. Not one single Android user can say they've never seen "Unfortunately, "insert app here" has stopped working" or "Google Play services has stopped". iPhones are stupid fast but some of that is smoke and mirrors with fancy animations. The new iOS 10.3 allows users to stifle those animations and frankly, I'd rather see "resuming" than a frozen screen.
I have seen androids and even iphones lag or stop working for a few seconds. And the thing is that it starts happening earlier from the date of purchase than it would on a Windows Phone.
While my 640XL was on Windows Phone 8.1 , it didn't even lag once. Not Once!! In my six months of usage. Now that's stability!
Windows 10 Mobile is a different story on my 640XL.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
They all do sometimes. Not one single Android user can say they've never seen "Unfortunately, "insert app here" has stopped working" or "Google Play services has stopped". iPhones are stupid fast but some of that is smoke and mirrors with fancy animations. The new iOS 10.3 allows users to stifle those animations and frankly, I'd rather see "resuming" than a frozen screen.

This is so true, generally. Even on my Pixel, I have had some apps freeze. Like I keep having to clear cache for Tapatalk. It's annoying. I'm not sure if I prefer a crash or freezing. I have had some apps freeze too on iOS as well.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
As for the question, I don't know if there's a point of loyalty for me. I was originally "ride or die" loyal and I chose to try the other two platforms originally because I didn't like the way things were looking in early 2016. Additionally, I felt like it makes more sense to be "truly" loyal after trying the other sides.

In doing that, I learned the little and big things I like for my phone of choice to have. After using them, I realized that I like and dislike certain things from each. Additionally, there is no true best platform, it's about what will work best for you and your lifestyle. The thing I noticed for myself is that for me, the app differences aren't too bad. They are generally manageable because for the apps I use, they are small things.

Even though I say that, I'm a sucker for the underdog. It feels wrong for me to not own any Windows phones. I like the quirks, personality and the fact that I don't need an icon pack for my tiles to be in harmony. However, there are no phones that can be used with one hand easily, are small, very decent cameras AND have good battery life. I wouldn't mind using a Windows phone as a phone again but it doesn't make sense for me to do so when I have other phones that can give me those things.

So no, I'm not loyal but I am interested. I see myself on the other two (two because I'm a chronic switcher haha) for now, hoping that there will be a phone that would meet that for me, with the OS I want.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Yes, I was kidding. Notice the grin emoji at the end of my comment. I have five phones currently, they just happen to all be Windows phone as of this moment. :smile:

Like I said I'm currently running four phones at the moment. My daily is the 950 XL on Release Preview, then I got the 950 and 640 XL on the Fast Ring, and the 640 on Production.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786