How many of you are still loyal to windows mobile?

Srinivas Vaasu

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
well it has been years now since windows mobile lost its reputation and the situation goes still bad everyday.We dont actually know whether microsoft listens to us or is just putting aside but we are still loyal from the day1.I still use my lumia 520 and i dont think it is deserving a change with any software or hardware but friends of mine who believed microsoft and apparently became fans and use the lumia series and have no
patience anymore with the platform.They are rather waiting something to change before they lose their last hope on Microsoft.There are people who complain about apps,poor performance and many things.Is there something done by Microsoft or is it just ruining the platform

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I am still loyal. I am happy with my 950XL. It does what I need to do. I am not interested in the latest apps. I just want a device that works for me. If others prefer iPhone or Android then that's fine too. Everyone can choose what they prefer. I think Microsoft won't abandon the platform entirely, but they won't revive it either. Instead, they will focus on providing their services to iOS and Android more and more. If that's the way it goes, because there won't be a Surface phone, then I will be on Windows phone for the forseeable future.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I am loyal in the sense that it currently fulfills my needs better than the competition. It is the best OS to me and brings continuity as I use it on my phone, tablet, and laptop. They are continually updating the OS and are looking forward creatively.

Sent from mTalk on my SP4

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I am loyal in the sense that it currently fulfills my needs better than the competition. It is the best OS to me and brings continuity as I use it on my phone, tablet, and laptop. They are continually updating the OS and are looking forward creatively.

This.

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
I've never been loyal to any os. I love to try them all out. They all have absolutely wonderful features and things about them and I like to stay current with each.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm open to other options, but haven't found any updates on other platforms to make me jump ship yet. So for now, I'm "loyal" and waiting for the next big thing that's coming, soon.

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
I would agree with what TgeekB said, but also add that the reason I'm hanging with it is that I just don't care for Android or iOS. So, unless I'm forced at some point in the future, I'm hanging in with WM10.

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
I will keep using my Lumia 640XL for a year more, after that i will look for a new Windows Phone that is better and still within my budget. I'm not looking for a premium phone nor I'm looking for a budget phone. I just need something from the middle class. (640XL is a middle class, not a budget phone)
When it comes to loyalty, i just need something that is stable and that fulfill my needs.
My 640XL does lag and sometimes the app crashs. This is frustrating sometimes, but it does still what i want it to.

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I think I'm loyal but not narrow-minded. I still love Windows phones and I keep coming back because it does still draw me in and I miss it when I'm gone (back to Android or iOS). I've just picked up another iPhone 7 plus and really enjoying it again but not totally dropping Windows this time as my 950xl is now my work/backup phone so will still be used daily and I can keep enjoying it and keeping up with events in here

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
My wife just surprised me with a new 950XL DS this past week. It is an upgrade from my trusty 640, and so far it's been rock solid for me. I've messed around with my step-son's Android phone and I just don't like it as much. Maybe because I'm just used to the layout in W10M, or I prefer a more professional appearance (IMHO) to the UI that I choose it over Android. I don't care about the so-called App Gap, as my phone has everything installed on it that I'll need. So until both of these phones finally stop working, I'll stick with what I know and am comfortable using.

Zeem Frostmaw

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, loyalty is an odd word. I'm not bound to Windows Phone in any sense but Android and iOS currently offer me no significant reason for me to spend hundreds of pounds on a new device. Windows Mobile does everything I need and does it well.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, loyalty is an odd word. I'm not bound to Windows Phone in any sense but Android and iOS currently offer me no significant reason for me to spend hundreds of pounds on a new device. Windows Mobile does everything I need and does it well.

It might be more loyal to ourselves than WM.
The platform, though not perfect or complete, performs as we like and is more pleasurable to use than Android or iPhone. We don't cave to the masses and use what everyone else does because its popular.

faisalbaba

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Not only app gap and lack of phones from Microsoft is frustrating but also quality of app is not good such as fifa17 run slow on windows phone,some live events not working.Facebook friends not showing also other app like Instagram,Facebook,slack etc

Sent from mTalk

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
My 640XL does lag and sometimes the app crashs.
They all do sometimes. Not one single Android user can say they've never seen "Unfortunately, "insert app here" has stopped working" or "Google Play services has stopped". iPhones are stupid fast but some of that is smoke and mirrors with fancy animations. The new iOS 10.3 allows users to stifle those animations and frankly, I'd rather see "resuming" than a frozen screen.

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
I hear you. This is a partial shot because my HP Touchpad and Palm T/X are in my work bag and I'm too lazy on Sunday mornings.

The pic was taken with my Idol 4S.

View attachment 134702

I just sold me Passport SE off on Crackberry. Already miss that device and find myself buying one every few months. You can't beat blend, the wide screen for e-mails and browsing. Really loved that phone.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Not to mention the virtual trackpad. Only a laptop or Surface with a Type cover beats the Passport when working on an Excel file. Smartsheet on the web is also a pleasant experience due to the wide display and the real estate is always available since there's no vkb to hog up the screen. I'm not trying to cause you any trouble but how soon do you expect before you get another SE? :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99