Positive Windows phone news thread

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
This ^

One word: Cshell !!!

Well that is dope. Because their new phone is a different form factor, current flagship type phones will probably get this IMO. They might go:

Late Summer -Release Andromeda developer kit, and announce it/Productivity features with HP late/Announce CShell

Is there any more summer events? Early fall?

Fall - Bring cshell to 950/XL, 4S, x3 with FCU, along with timeline, Cortana skills (Might be one last big release though, perhaps it will remain feature2)

2018 - Release "Andromeda", reboot proper with the two new mobile OS variants (whether that's win10m 64bit or windows on arm on a mobile idk)

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site

Table projection for continuum. Actually that had crossed my mind as a good idea. Only lasting an hour is a bit of a limitation, although still useful for enterprise. Saves one needing a terminal. I wonder can it project a keyboard too?

If this is true, and colour me a little sceptical that would mean we have THREE Microsoft phones on the way, the folding and detachable clamshell Andromeda, and two candybar slabs with active stylus and a table projection features.

That's a lot more phones from MSFT than anyone would have suspected. I guess they did say "If no one else makes windows phones, we will".

Wonder what the "185 degrees" is - a hinge? like the surface pro?

Presumably with snapdragon 835 and portable projection, this might actually be the fabled WoA phones...

Seriously, if this is true, I can't get over the fact this would be THREE phones (Surface Peking, Surface Slovania, and Andromeda), lol. THREE!

Like for real, who would have picked MSFT would be working on three phones.

Last edited by a moderator:

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Hummm.. really? The renders are pretty much the same ones or at least very similar from over a year ago though when Surface phone was the next big topic after 950XL. Saw it somewhere on Linkedin even!

Hmm that was unexpected to see arise again if it is the same renders.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Hummm.. really? The renders are pretty much the same ones or at least very similar from over a year ago though when Surface phone was the next big topic after 950XL. Saw it somewhere on Linkedin even!

Hmm that was unexpected to see arise again if it is the same renders.

The renders are just fan renders based on the keyboard typecover patent.

No one knows exactly what these look like, only that they are surface pro-like - keyboard, active stylus, hinge (and with the added table projector, the style of which I linked above).

The hinge also goes to 185 degrees, so it goes low like the new pro.

There is also the detachable clamshell dual screen "Andromeda". and there's two variants of this. Would myself like to see the video of course, but the mention of the table projector actually makes it seem legit - it's something I imagined would go great with continuum a while back.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
If it's not on WCentral, then it's all smoke and mirrors :D

Well it could be, although the table projection makes me think that its real. Its a really good idea for continuum (makes it much more useful) and a very possible technology with a realistic stated time limit.

Usually made up things don't have realistic details.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I bet they wait till 2018 or end of 2017. Or they could just do it basing a guage on UWP apps where they have grown too. C-Shell uses the UWP. But if win32 still gets integrated and can emulate well in the C-Shell UI, then I say they should release one before 2018.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
How about table projection and kinect type sensor to know what on the table you are pushing! Right down to on-table typing!

I'm just blabbing :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb