Positive Windows phone news thread

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Considering how tight-lipped MS has been on hardware, how little has been known ahead of releases, I somehow doubt very much that a tech at a MS store would have any inside knowledge on this. It just seems like decisions etc wouldn't extend that far if they wanted to keep things under wraps. In fact, I'd say the fact that he's talking about it in the first place shows that he couldn't be trusted with it.

That may be so, but I talked with him for an hour and had a good rapport... everything he said made logical sense, and he was there to assist a new store manger and seemed to be well informed. So, although he didn't divulge any direct information, he did allude to information that HAD to be knowledge based. I am just telling you what I heard... you can view it any way you wish, I'm just putting it out there. I am also planning my expectations around it, that's how creditable I thought he was.

He also said that a Qualcomm 835 will be the minimum chip to run future Windows 10 Mobile devices, and that the Intel lawsuit threat has quietly been resolved between both parties.

Last edited:

faisalbaba

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
New options
Ingz1Lx.jpg

Sent from (iOK)

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
While I'm sure the fury against the x3 had to be justified from others experience, mine is the exact opposite. My x3 is working great and is the true successor to the awesome Lumia 1520, except for the camera. But even there the latest firmware updates have mad the camera not too shappy. Loving this device.

Windowsmoose

Apr 7, 2017
Visit site
Insider ring has been updated with latest emoji (ahead of ios) and Chinese lunar calendar. If windows mobile is on the way out, why keep adding new features? It can't be just to keep those companies who are still selling windows mobiles and those that bought them happy for a couple of years? Makes me think that some part of windows mobile will be incorporated into Microsoft future plans/arm pc.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Did I read somewhere that the next X3 was going to run Android?
They're experimenting with Android. The major hiccup is the lack of a Continuum-like feature. If you weren't aware, DeX disables the phone so you can't use the phone while doing your desktop deal.

Sent from my Lumia 1520 via mTalk

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
They're experimenting with Android. The major hiccup is the lack of a Continuum-like feature. If you weren't aware, DeX disables the phone so you can't use the phone while doing your desktop deal.

Ahh, that makes sense.
So do you think they would have 2 versions? I'd hate to see HP abandon WIndows.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Ahh, that makes sense.
So do you think they would have 2 versions? I'd hate to see HP abandon WIndows.
My guess is that Continuum isn't going to get a feature or two that Microsoft was toying with. I'm also guessing HP reaaaally wanted said features and they're weighing their options. Unless they come up with their own version of Continuum on Android, they'll stick with Windows. The two current Android iterations show zero promise.

Sent from my Acer Liquid Jade Primo on mTalk

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
My guess is that Continuum isn't going to get a feature or two that Microsoft was toying with. I'm also guessing HP reaaaally wanted said features and they're weighing their options. Unless they come up with their own version of Continuum on Android, they'll stick with Windows. The two current Android iterations show zero promise.

Sent from my Acer Liquid Jade Primo on mTalk

Interesting. I wonder if Dex is just something Android just toyed with or have plans to develop further. I don't know too much about it but they certainly have the user base. I don't think they have the business hardware that MS and Apple have though.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

Wow. Wonder how hard they'll need to work at that to enable it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb